game fair

dean

hi all just back from the game fair at scone palace. Good day out weather was great got ma self a couple of bargans most of all the groomit dog comb great comb 15 quid but great well worth it. Realy busy met a few frends good banter :):D:D

Hi Dean,
I also bought the groomit dog comb just what i needed !!, The buy of the day was a giant Tuffie dog bed for £85.
It was good to see a good crowd on such a great day.

Dalkur

im just back too Tony C generously gave me his hotel room for free so course i went and spent a fortune on stuff I didnt need, great game fair especially the food hall
steve

It was a good day, Dalkur, you were not the one struggling with the blue dogbed to the back of the carpark just befor 3pm were you, Pity Gazza could not make it. Met a few, spent some money, you have to be selective or you could spend a fortune,

It was a good day but for me soured a bit by the complete arseholes who had to be told to return to their cars because of dogs inside!!!!

It must have been easily 70+ today yet there were at least 3 times different people had to be asked to return to their cars. One of the announcements stated the police were waiting for them and another finished with the statement that the car had been forced open. I hope the police charged them for it regardless of the circumstances. Just last week a police dog handler made the news when his dogs died in his car because of the heat.

As an owner of dogs I cannot see the need to take them there and end up leaving them in the car on a day like this let alone drag the things round the fair! I saw one couple with 6 Vislas between them!!! Why??? Is a it a 'showing off' type thing because I just don't get it.

Rant over...

Other than that a good day out.

That makes two of us if there not in for the gun dog events leave them in the comfort of their home, every year same thing it really show how much they care for there dogs.

But the police in two separate incidents in the uk have killed police dogs the own vehicles, with no charges brought to there handlers ,had that been you or I, we would be facing the man, for a huge fine and a further clause of not allowed to keep animals . .

That makes two of us if there not in for the gun dog events leave them in the comfort of their home, every year same thing it really show how much they care for there dogs.

But the police in two separate incidents in the uk have killed police dogs the own vehicles, with no charges brought to there handlers ,had that been you or I, we would be facing the man, for a huge fine and a further clause of not allowed to keep animals . .

Fair point about competing in events but given the number of animals on the go I would suggest that is about 5% of what is there. I passed a bloke with a gorgeous wee springer on a lead at about 9.30am. It looked to me to be just about old enough to be out. I passed the same bloke an hour later and it was in his arms. It was still in his arms 3 further times when we saw him!!!

At least it won't have them awake at 3 in the morning after today's exercise...

An excellent day for weather and company. Given the tough economic times I was pleased to see that it was as big and well attended as last year .
I got a slight ticking off from the man on the Holland & Holland stand for handling the .500 double rifle which was Right at the front of the table. I hadn't noticed the "please do not touch the guns" sign...honest. It was goodness knows how many times my annual salary too.

fraser

Just got back too, excellent day out. Programmes for the event sold out at 930 this morning so that has to be an excellent sign for the organisers.

Wish the dog was more focussed or would have doen the scury - still slightly scarred by her taking a dump half way trough a run a few years ago!

Same for me had a great day picked up a few things and met some old freinds for a catch up,

also made some new freinds into the bargain. That weather was just fantastic!!!!! :cool:

Rgds, Buck.

too bloody hot by 230pm yesterday!

I wasnt there last year but I got the distinct impression that some vendors are running a budget show.
GMK werent there this year and they always had a big tent.
Gunmakers row was a bit sparse I thought, certainly compared with 09.

not a complaint, had a good day despite my 3 yr old daughter being dragged round numerous gun and fishing stands before she was released on a bouncy castle.

as for dogs, there are always ******s leaving them in cars, would love to have the job of smashing windows to release them!

To put the heat into perspective, when I returned to the car the metal clip on my daughters car seat (stainless chromed material with black plastic on one half) was so hot it burnt me leaving a small blister on my thumb!

I was there yesterday and got asked 18 times what breed my 2 Chessies were!!!! So hot i burnt my bonce and a cold shower was in order.. My GF had her wee Flattie with her and we had a while in the company of "Jet" this years oldest ever Crufts Champion... what a dog he is too.

Hi JIMBO123P,
The guy you saw only had a wee Dog Bed. The Tuffie I bought was Giant size being 48"x80" and double thickness. God it was heavy but the Dogs love it and it saves on 4 individual Dog beds. Pity about the Dogs at the show I never take mine because the show is not the place to take animals if not competing and certainly not to leave them in the car.Lets hope there were no Deaths as a result of Dogs being left in cars.

DALKUR

Was up there yesterday as well and what a change it was to have decent weather for a change.I was disappointed also at the people leaving there dogs in there cars the poor things must of been getting literally cooked in the cars.Ended up empty handed as I didnt see any reloading gear I was after although the boy managed to con me into a new pair of boots once we found somewhere that had 14's that is :lol:

I was there yesterday and got asked 18 times what breed my 2 Chessies were!!!! So hot i burnt my bonce and a cold shower was in order.. My GF had her wee Flattie with her and we had a while in the company of "Jet" this years oldest ever Crufts Champion... what a dog he is too.

Hi RED, I spoke to with the two Chocolate Chessies!!!! you look like Mr Muscle. :D

Rgds, Buck.

Great day for it yesterday, maybe a bit "warm". Left my dogs at home :D. The venison butchery class was interesting and the terrier show had my attention for a while but there were only a very few classes where the judges had to make a real effort... Saw some guy with a couple of beautiful toffee coloured Chessies... but he looked quite sensible... ;) Was that Red-dot?

I agree with Jamross though, not as much on Gunmakers row as usual and the whole show was a bit "less" than usual (IMHO) but with loads of stuff you'd walk on by (if you see what I mean) or maybe I'm just getting old and picky...

Anyhow, I still haven't placed my order for a Krieghoff 9.3x74 double for the piggies.:drool:

I was there....
£2 for a mini ice cream made fron some plastic stuff.
£3.50 for a bottle of cider!
£17 for 40 clays!
enjoyed it though.
did anyone see the young lads dog do a runner at the water trial?
The kid legging after the dog - just brilliant
Roll on Moy
Alan

It WAS me!! 11 1/2 st of rippling white hee haw!

Uncle Buck, which one of the 18 were you????

Good to see country folks enjoying the best of times.....

Only bargain i seen was a brand new unfired Webley 700 but 26" barells put me off spending HMRC's stash.

Last edited:
Back