Refurbing Swarovski Binos...

Norrie1956

Hi there...looking for some help , does anyone know where I can get a set of Swarovski 7x42 Habicht SL Binos refurbed, they need regassed, and cleaned, and the eye rubbers need replacing, after years of wearing anti midge cream.....:)

Thanks in advance guys.

Pics att.

003.jpg

002.jpg

Hi
Best place to go is Glasgow Binocular repair company they did a great job on my extenable stalking scope
just send them in and they will quote you ba price first.Other people on the site have used them as well
Regards Graham:cool:

Absolutely speak to Swarovski Customer Service - they are brilliant and look after their customers extremely well. If you send them in with an unknown fault, they'll probably do all you ask and while looking for it.....

E t R

Completely refurbished mine when I dropped them out of a high seat and they fell apart, no charge offered a cost of £32 to replace the lenses which were scratched, which I gladly paid. Their U.K. Representative is up north, look on their website for address.deerwarden

At risk of being a boring poster - second all of the above. Glasgow bino centre very good. However, Swarovski service is astounding. Well worth contacting them in first instance.

Thanks guys for taking the time to reply....I didnt get a chance today to call Glasgow Binos...but will def make time tomorrow to call Swarovski, AND GBR....

Thanks ..:)

send them to swarovski, ask for a REPAIR, if you ask for a service you will get charged. if you just want the eye cups they send them out FOC if you quote the serial number.

Hi Guys, just a wee update on this one...I emailed Swarvy and got a lovely note back telling me to pack them up, and encl a covering letter, send them to Surrey, and they will send them to Austria for repair...:) They should be in Austria by now...:) Will keep you up to speed on this...:)

Just had mine back off swarovski and thay are like new. cost me £127 and took five weeks and i'm a happy chappy. I had dropped them out off a metal highseat and hit the bottom rung and smashed the front lense.

Hiya, Just a wee update...had a letter back from Swarvi in Austria yesterday.....seems the binos have had a VERY hard life, amongst things wrong with them, are, 3 of the four lens are very badly scratched, the focus mechanism is out of sync.....and it needs TWO new housings, tho these will be free of charge....so,.total cost for repair and labour will be £234 incl vat...thought about it....for a few mins...then realised....that, for a couple of hundred pounds, I'll have an almost brand new set of Swarvi Binos...its a no brainer...:) will let you know when they arrive home..:)

Thanks guys..:)

Hiya, Just a wee update...had a letter back from Swarvi in Austria yesterday.....seems the binos have had a VERY hard life, amongst things wrong with them, are, 3 of the four lens are very badly scratched, the focus mechanism is out of sync.....and it needs TWO new housings, tho these will be free of charge....so,.total cost for repair and labour will be £234 incl vat...thought about it....for a few mins...then realised....that, for a couple of hundred pounds, I'll have an almost brand new set of Swarvi Binos...its a no brainer...:) will let you know when they arrive home..:)

Thanks guys..:)
Good on you mate:D

Hiya, Just had a crackin email from Swarvy...binos are on their way back...:) so....hopefully in a week or so.,..mibbes two they say...:)

I am probably the only person who has had any trouble with swarovski service. I sent my 8x30 habichts off to Debbie at swaro because they started fogging up. After a very little time they came back. I took them out the next morning, and they fogged up again. So I contacted Debbie and she said send them back. I duly did so. As I was going stalking I had to buy a pair of Bushnells just to keep me going. An expense I blame on Swarovski for not doing their job correctly.

Anyway, the 8x30's came back from Austria and off I went stalking in -17 degrees centigrade. And guess what, they fogged up again. So I sold them on flea-bey with the just serviced by swaro ticket on them. Bloody shame as they were a great pair of bins, a really handy size. I would now take some convincing to buy swarovski again, it fair put me off. A lot of money for very poor service.

Simon

Gawd.....Simon sorry to hear about your grieff with Swaro......I hope I get on better than you did...rest assured you'll hear me if I dont..BUT, according to the repair list they sent me, they should come back like new almost Bins......:)

Back