Thread: Foxing with a bonus buck .

Foxing with a bonus buck .

Out yesterday evening with the daughters boyfriend for a look around the chicken sheds .Soon as we arrived at the first place ,a fox ran from a shed only to stop on the edge of the long grass about 20 yds away and stare back at us in the truck .The trick was now to get the rifle out without spooking it which rabbit controller did perfectly from the back seat .Window down, off the wing mirror and a satifying whack of a head shot from me.

Waited around here for a long time without anything showing so while there was still some daylight we had a walk around the other three fields .A buck suddenly appeared in front of us trotting towards us and looking back over his shoulder.Got RC on sticks and gave the buck a whistle to which he stopped and obligingly turned sideways presenting a perfect chest shot which RC took with no encouragement from me .Dead on the spot lung shot.Nice neat 4 pointer . Went form here to the other place but saw only hares on the lamp .

lovely trophy, I really like the depth of the colouring in the antlers!

Nice one Tim

That the chicken farm we saw the two young bucks on?

Life should be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving skidding in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!

sounds like a nice day out you had. a fox out the way and a bonus buck

Yes mate and probably the same fox too .No sign of the other bucks though but the rut will reveal im sure .