Bic cat caught on game camera!

Jonher

Big cat caught on game camera!

I recently purchased a game camera to help me locate the bucks in my terrain prior to the start of the buck season here in Norway on the 10th August.

After some extensive research on the internet I ended up taking the plunge on a Ltl Acorn 5210MM which has the ability to send MMS pictures to your phone.

I put out the camera for the first time on Sunday and went to check the results yesterday evening. I forgot to adjust the time and date :doh: but I have worked it out that the pics were taken Thursday 07th July at approx 12-12:30pm

This was the MMS pic
gaupe4.jpg

The following are 5MP but I think I will select 12MP in the future.
gaupe3.jpg

gaupe2.jpg

gaupe1.jpg

Great to see a lynx, but I hope it doesn't take the big buck I've seen in the area several times!!! :confused:

Really happy with the camera so far and looking forward to see what else happens to pass by, it also has the ability to take video so I'll give that a try out soon and post up the results.

I will create a new thread in the photo's section and update it with the results as they happen.

Last edited:
Nice one Jonathan -- I'm impressed with the camera - - always a bad sign - - I usually end up parting with cash - - not good for a Scotsman ! :lol:

JR

Great pics! :thumb:

Check out the camera spec but you might find that the 12MP is interpolated from the 5MP resolution and in certain light conditions might actually degrade the final result. I've got the LtlAcorn without the MMS and find that the low light pics are better at 5MP - certainly to my tired old peepers!

Great pics! :cool:

I've got the same camera but haven't deployed it yet. This has motivated me to get it out somewhere! :D

Alex

Great pics! :thumb:

Check out the camera spec but you might find that the 12MP is interpolated from the 5MP resolution and in certain light conditions might actually degrade the final result. I've got the LtlAcorn without the MMS and find that the low light pics are better at 5MP - certainly to my tired old peepers!

Thank you for all the comments and thank you for the tip Orion, I guess I'll just stick with 5MP, to be honest I'm more than happy enough with the quality as it stands!

Great pictures, are they resident to your ground or just transient.

I was watching a programme last night in Swedish with Norwegian subtitles so it was not alot of good to me but I got the impression it was about the wolves in Norway and Sweden, and the facts that the Norwegians seem quite keen on shooting all of them.

Great pictures, are they resident to your ground or just transient.

I was watching a programme last night in Swedish with Norwegian subtitles so it was not alot of good to me but I got the impression it was about the wolves in Norway and Sweden, and the facts that the Norwegians seem quite keen on shooting all of them.

Hi mudman,

I'm no expert on lynx but from what I've heard they tend to just move about following the game, so they destroy the roe deer life in one area and move on to the next, taking a roe deer approx. every couple of weeks it doesn't take long to do serious damage to the roe deer population. Hunting them over here is very, very regulated and only a couple of animals are allowed to be shot across a whole county so their populatoin just seems to be increasing not to the enjoyment of farmers and hunters!

As for wolves it was only recently that they could be hunted, they were re-introduced and have since been killing farm animals and hunting dogs so they're not too popular either, their hunting is also heavily regulated. There are usually incidents in the newspapers every few weeks and just a few days ago there was a man walking his dog when he was surrounded by several of them:

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=no&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dirnat.no%2Fcontent%2F500042349%2FDN-vil-folge-opp-etter-nargaende-ulv-i-Trysil

Just makes you wonder what could have happened if that was a young child!!! :eek:

Pictures

Hi Jonher

Havent been in touch for a while, nice pictures of the Lynx.

Will send you a message soon,

Cheers
Redneck

Thanks Redneck!

looking forward to see what else shows up over the rest of the year.

Think I'll move the camera to one of our salt stones we've put up, this should make some great photos!

Nice photos and a good catch after only a few days.

I believe last year or the year before was the first year in amlong time that anyone was aloud to shoot wolves in Sweden. I think the cull limited was set to 12 across the country. 5 mins after the season started 12 had been shot. All the locals knew where they liked to hang out and sat waiting for the bell to strike :lol:

Your right Eggy, they had been tracking them for weeks..

Nice pics Johner, i was on a farm where a small group of roe had broken into some silage bales (5or 6 cant remember) a lynx appeared and killed them all in a week...

I can't understand why you don't hav a spring season but can see why they wait till after the rut
there's not a lot you can do now except feed kitty kat and hope for the best

Back