Hi from North Wales

Spitzer

Hello,
I am a keen deerstalker and game shot based in North Wales.
I have stalked Fallow, Roe and some red deer, and I shoot game on a small shoots in North Wales. I have fallow stalking in North Wales.
I shoot .270, .222, .22 and .303 rifles mostly.
Got my DMQ1 but never got around to the part 2 paperwork (lazy?).
I see a lot of deer, and shoot some as part of a cull plan. Like many of you I'm sure, I only take the shot when everything is good!
Looking forward to being part of the forum.
Cheers,
Spitzer

Hi Spitzer

Welcome to the site, you are a very lucky man having some stalking in north wales.
Most guys and girls have to travel a long way, enjoy SD lots of sound info on here.

Miffy

Hi Miffy, thanks for the welcome. Yes I am very lucky. I stalk once or twice a week most weeks and have stalking from 500yards from my house up to 5 miles away. I don't bother going to Scotland much now, although I did tender for some Roe stalking recently. Good to meet you anyway. I am enjoying SD already.
Spitzer

Hi S, thanks for the welcome. I guess I can be recognised easily from my introduction. Just a bit wary of publishing on the internet, but this site seems good. (I am glad that I guessed correctly and Shetties aren't a type of deer!).

I am just sorting my rifle and kit out for the new season whilst the missus is in Scotland. Getting close to August 1st.

Hi Spitzer welcome to the forum. Nice to hear from somebody from North Wales. I go wildfowling on the defi and the mawddach but never found any stalking. Manfred from Shrewsbury

Welcome to SD.

Nice part of the world North Wales when the weathers nice :D.

I spent most of my chidlhood holidays in Abersoch and my old man lives near Pwllheli, just a shame it is a 6hr drive away!

Welcome to SD Spitzer.
Just returned home from your neck of the woods. Been fishing on The Brenig. Called for a few beers in Bala on route home. Cheers for now. Gaz

North Wales seems to be getting pretty crowded!
We're pretty close to Pwllheli.
Where are you based, Spitzer?

As you know that area then I guess you know how lucky you are when you get the good weather, some people wouldn't understand if I tried to say Abersoch beach is as good as any beach in the carribean if its not raining. As a kid I never went on holiday anywhere else until I was 16!

Last edited:
Hi all, thanks for the great welcome,
I live on the North Wales coast near St Asaph (nearest city), and we seem to have our own weather bowl, with the bad weather usually flipping off the mountains and by-passing us. The air is clean as well. I used to get terrible hay fever when I lived on the Wirral, but I am virtually free of it now.

Welcome to the site.
I'll be hammering past St Asaph this weekend for a bass fishing session on Anglesey.
Spend far too much time haunting the banks of the Seoint, gwynfryn and leifni for those elusive sewin

Hi Spitzer, welcome to a very knowledgable and helpful site! I orginally hail from North Wales (Cwm?) myself but now working out in Geneva.

Happy hunting!

Scrummy

Last edited:
Back