Meopta scopes

Frekie

I have a Nighteater scope 6-25 x 44 on my .17HMR which is okay but suffers once I'm practising at our tunnel rifle range - Burred, unclear and halo image.

Up against my S&B 8x56 its a joke. I want to change the scope but as I use the rifle for vermin and range work I don't want to spend a fortune but want something half decent.

I'm looking at a 6-18 x 42 Meopta, has anyone got one of these and how does it stack up against a Schmidt?

well i used to do all my stalking with a meopta 7x50 up until 3 yrs ago when i got a 8x56 schmidt , and i have to say i couldnt fault it !

mine was an older model from the early 90's and was a gift from a keeper i used to help out and it was he who got me into stalking , it even still had the 20 yr guarentee in the box .

i would with out a doubt buy another one and would use it on any rifle :thumb:

I've got a Meopta fixed 6x42 on my .243 and I really can't fault it.

Excellent optics at a very affordable price.

Regards

Ads

5/6 years ago I compared a Meopta 7x50 ( 1 inch tube) against a Swarovski 3-9x42AV ( also with 1 inch tube). The owner of the Swarovski was the second test person.
We looked at a barbed wire fence at last light. We both agreed that the Meopta was better in low light. We both could see far longer the details of the wire, the attachments to the poles, etc.... Meopta excellent in my opinion.

I have a Nighteater scope 6-25 x 44 on my .17HMR which is okay but suffers once I'm practising at our tunnel rifle range - Burred, unclear and halo image.

Up against my S&B 8x56 its a joke. I want to change the scope but as I use the rifle for vermin and range work I don't want to spend a fortune but want something half decent.

I'm looking at a 6-18 x 42 Meopta, has anyone got one of these and how does it stack up against a Schmidt?

Sorry but I am confused :confused: how can a scope which in your own words is:-

"Burred, unclear and halo image."

be OK?

Nighteater is Nikko Sterling and sorry but the modern Nikko Sterling's are poorly made. yes that is from personal experience too.

Now Meopta, yes I had to laugh as the comment about a 90's model being old as Meopta have been in the optical industry for a long time:-

P1040094.jpg

P1040095.jpg

Now that is an old Meopta rifle scope and yes the optics are clear :D. I also have a 7x50A which according to the poster here is also old.

Damned fine optics which sadly are more expensive now than they were :cry:. Not comparable with the modern Nikko rubbish in any way except that they both mount onto rifles.

Get a Meopta and find out what a scope should perform like........................... you will wonder why you waited and struggled so long ;).

I have a Meopta I bought some years back, I put it on my then only stalking rifle which was a lightweight .270.
First time out with it I showed it to the Stalker and he said, "That rifle will break that scope". Being young and cocky I told him he was talking rot and that Meopta make a quality scope.

Sure enough, before the season was out the recoil had displaced the reticle.
I had it repaired and now use the scope on a 22LR, its lovely glass but perhaps not the most durable.

I have a Meopta I bought some years back, I put it on my then only stalking rifle which was a lightweight .270.
First time out with it I showed it to the Stalker and he said, "That rifle will break that scope". Being young and cocky I told him he was talking rot and that Meopta make a quality scope.

Sure enough, before the season was out the recoil had displaced the reticle.
I had it repaired and now use the scope on a 22LR, its lovely glass but perhaps not the most durable.

:lol: sorry but I do find that funny. My own Meotpa 7x50A that I acquired used sat atop my 6.5x55 for years until last year when I moved it onto the 30-30 bolt action. I would have no hesitation in fitting in onto one of my .270's including this Majestic Featherweight:-

PICT0064.jpg

7lbs 11oz with scope mounts and sling.

Now my first .270 a BSA CF2 Stutzen ripped a Nikko Sterling 3-9x40 apart in less than 60 shots. The whole occular housing came loose on the body tube due to the snappy recoil and the Majestic weighs a lot less than the CF2 does. Only last year I swapped the scopes around a bit on the rifles and believe that the CF2 Stutzen now wears a Lisenfeld 6x42.

im currently waiting on my meopta 7x50 to come back form meopta
i had it on my 30 06 ,bought it on hear
was ripped off by a lad on this site
it was sold ,faulty
however the glass on them are brilliant ,ill have to get back to ye on the quality off the scope mechanisms

First scope=meopta rir 3-12x56
second scope= zeiss 3-12x56 sold
third scope=SnB 2.5-10x56 sold

Now on rifle=meopta, my first scope and I'd rate it as at least as good as the other quality scope Ive had.

Back