Tikka M595/695 Replacement Bottom Metal.

Moonraker68

As mentioned in an earlier thread, I contacted UKgunworks about producing a replacement unit for the above rifles. I have been advised that the cost will be circa £185-195 each, and that I will need to come up with a list of 15 people to make the production costs viable. They are also hoping to locate a better quality magazine to replace the original.

I haven't had any dealings with them previously, so any feedback would be useful. Let me know if you are potentially interested.

Last edited:
PM, replied on the subject, as to experience with UK Gunworks, I have had a pair of replacement action screws from them, which were/are superb. If they come up with a replacement magazine for the 595 & 695... I would be a definite Taker.

Well Done for the efforts so far.

P

Is there a problem with the original magazines? I have two 3 round mags and a 6 round mag for my 595 and have never had any problems with any of them. A couple of higher capacity say ten round mags would be nice though for use when target shooting in certain events. I notice that Howa will be introducing high capacity detachable magazines soon and wonder if these could form the basis for conversion???

UKgunworks are at the CLA game fair - stand V1246. I'll have a chat to them and put a post up about the magazines, and whether the bottom metal would also fit the M590/690 series.
It looks like they already do quite a few replacement items for the T3, bolt shrouds and handles, bottom metal etc.

Very interesting.
I have a 595 project brewing.
A decent mag system would be a real bonus.
Rup

I'd be interested, but only if the replacement bottom metal used the original factory magazines.

Back