I'm considering which Moderator to buy for a .223 (heavy barrelled CZ 527). I will use the moderated rifle weekly for foxing late at night so it needs to be quiet. I have been advised that a Reflex T4 is good for .223 - can anyone confirm this?
I may wish to swap the moderator onto a .243 or .308 as well as the .223. Does anyone interchange between these calibres while retaining the effectiveness of the moderator on each?
I'm not fussed about one brand or the other; my requirements are:
- effective: it reduces the noise of the shot to unmoderated .22LR level
- doesn't intrude into the scope sight picture therefore slim
- coloured black
- good quality, so won't rust or need to be replaced after a year
- costs in the region of £200 - £250
- ideally interchanges between .223, .243, .308
- should allow for consistent shot placement i.e. doesn't throw the odd shot
- doesn't extend the barrel length more than 5-6 inches and is not too heavy (500-600 gms max)
Not to ask for I don't think. Can anyone recommend the righ tool for the above?