CZ trigger problem

Scuttlebuttin

I have a CZ 550 American in .243 which is not yet two years old into a three year guarantee, last week I was trying to do some accuracy tests on some 55 grainers using the set trigger, 75% of the time it just clicked then had to be re-cocked, so I started using the normal trigger, this was the same, so yesterday I took it back to Bagnall and Kirkwoods in Newcastle where Michael told me that the trigger was crap, it had a lot of creep with no hint of release on either the normal or set trigger, he's sent it back to Edgar Bros for them to look at, I also mentioned that the trigger feels too far forward (almost an inch) and could it be moved backwards, he told me no, so can anyone recommend a replacement trigger or tell me where I can find another set back trigger blade.

If you're 2 years into a three year warranty, why hasn't the trigger been replaced? I would have them get at that, at least! I have a 527 American in 22 Hornet that has the set trigger. Frankly, I don't like it much either. As you noted, it feels like it's too far forward in the trigger guard and truly, isn't that light. Certainly not as crisp as the standard trigger. Accordingly, I set-up the standard pull to my liking and forget the set trigger is there. I shoot prairiedogs at 200+ yards without it. I'm guessing you could get by without it on big game?? ~Muir

PS: If you're really unhappy with the CZ trigger, btw, Timney makes a single stage replacement trigger for the 550 that adjusts from 3 pounds down to 1 pound. It runs about $100 US at Midway.

Well the rifle has arrived back from Edgar Bros and the problem was the trigger mechanism had almost dismantled itself due to it not being Loctited at the factory, its now been re-assembled and Loctited but, the trigger has still too strong a pull, its taking 7 pounds to set it off, so for only £50 fitted I've ordered a Timney, so that should sort that out.

They aren't doing something correctly if it still takes 7 pounds of pull to release! The Timney is a good move. You'll be happy with that.~Muir

Trigger------update

Bagnall & Kirkwoods in Newcastle ordered a Timney replacement trigger for my .243 CZ 550 American about 7 weeks ago, I've just rang them and they tell me they're having trouble trying to get one as Bagnalls tell me that Timney are not specific as to what they send out, I'm trying to keep within a budget as funds are low with C#########s coming along and I've been off work for nine months, anyone got any suggestions where I can get one or an alternative?

Toughie. We are at the mercy of gun parts having to be dealt with by RFDs.

Have you thought about buying the cheapest shot-out CZ you can and replacing the trigger yourself??

What's coming along??

Re: Trigger------update

kernel gadaffi said:
Bagnall & Kirkwoods in Newcastle ordered a Timney replacement trigger for my .243 CZ 550 American about 7 weeks ago, I've just rang them and they tell me they're having trouble trying to get one as Bagnalls tell me that Timney are not specific as to what they send out, I'm trying to keep within a budget as funds are low with C#########s coming along and I've been off work for nine months, anyone got any suggestions where I can get one or an alternative?

Hard to believe that the trigger is set at 7 pounds. Can't it be adjusted lower like the 527's etc?? I'd still contact CZ directly...~Muir

I have a CZ550 in 6.5X55, and have the trigger set just as I want it. Give it a go yourself it's cheaper than buying a new trigger!

John

I ordered a RifleBasix from Tim Hannam on Friday and it arrived yesterday, just got to find time to fit it now.

Fitted the trigger to my gun and it is totally transformed, a joy to use and the pull is clean and crisp and the blade is forward enough for me to use it comfortably.

Thanks all

Alan

Back