Warne mounts

User00003

anyone ever had a scope move in Warne mounts?

I've not had to adjust my scope (S&B) in my Warne mounts on my Sako .243 for a couple of years, but suddenly it's shooting 1" low....suss..

looks like the top screws may have come a bit undone, as there's a marginal gap where the mounts are supposed to close together around the top of the scope (there's probably a techy name for it!).

should I save up for some better mounts, or could it be a one off from the constant shock to the rifle from hundreds of rounds being fired down-range:D

ps. scope's not been 'knocked' at all - guaranteed.

I use Loctite, messy when you remove the screws to change scope/rifle etc, but confidence that they will not move wins for me. I have done this with Apel's/Optilock and now I have Warne and 3rd Eye rings/mounts.

TJ

Sorry but I really do hate those vertical split rings..... and yes do have a scope mounted in a pair. Those area pair of 30m ones holding that Falcon 7.5x CSS scope however I would not rush out to get any more. They are a PITA to get set up IMHO and I could never see what the fuss was about with Warne mounts.

Personally I never use Locite and do not have problems with them coming loose. De-grease screw holes and screws and tighten properly with good fitting wrenches. I have acquired several used rifles with mount problems and every time they WERE ALREADY LOCTITED a right PITA but once the Loctite is removed and they mounts re-fitted in all but one case there was no more problems. That one case was a faulty mounting pad which was scrapped.

I normally check all scope and bedding screws for tightness when it's time to scrub out the bore or before I do a major re-zero session. Never had one come loose once properly nipped up and I don't use loctite.

Ian

Sorry but I really do hate those vertical split rings..... .....

Ditto. I wasted five months, talked to three 'riflesmiths' and spent several hundred pounds trying to get a scope mounted using Warne rings. I eventually fixed the problem myself with Burris Signature Rings. Regards JCS

I use warne mounts on my sauer and tikka, after lining in both rifles didnt have to adjust them, hold zero very well.

wicklow202

Sportsman Gun Centre are the Official Distributor of Warne Mounts. If you have any queries about them, other scope rings, or anything else, please get in contact with us or visit our website for information on Warne Mounts

Well ...................... well perhaps all the complaints and negatives posts about SGC are having an effect.

Perhaps even the customer service will improve.

Back