SAKO set trigger options

david1976

What post sale single set triggers are available for Sako 85 rifles.

I know that it is possible to have one added at the factory but I would like to know what others are available if any.

Cheers

David

I didn't think there were any..but I'd be happy to hear if arnold or timney decided to start doing them for the 75 hunter!

Not many aftermarket triggers for 75 or 85, let alone with a set option. I heard of Jard trigger kits for the 75, but was told they are a nightmare to fit.

Not many aftermarket triggers for 75 or 85, let alone with a set option. I heard of Jard trigger kits for the 75, but was told they are a nightmare to fit.

I'd be keen to hear of anyones experiences with these - the website says "Reliable and Easy to Install"...ha ha ha..I'm sure that's BS like you say John_R..wonder what they're like compared to the Timney?...hhmmm.

I am just starting a new project, a Sako 75 that will be turned into a semi custom 7mm-08. I spoke to the rifle builder, and he said he tried once to work with a Jard, and just had to give up on it. I trust this person's opinion (Neil McKillop) so will not be asking for one of these for myself!

hi i own two sako 85's. i was going to get the set trigger option on the last one i bought however there was going to be a nine month plus wait. you can send the gun to gmk to have the set trigger fitted post sale but it will cost in the region of £300

Hi David

Funnily enough I have gone through this recently. I picked up my rifle that came with a single set trigger, which personally I do not like. That is just me though...

So, I managed to source a secondhand standard trigger unit which will be sent to a custom rifle builder I know for reworking. He has assured me that the removal and refitting of a Sako trigger unit is very straightforward.

That being the case and all going well, I will probably put my one up on here for sale. Let me know if it is of any iinterest to you. If not it will appear in the ads.

Further, there is currently NO after-market trigger available for the Sako other than the ones mentioned. If Arnold Jewell make one in the future, I will be first in the queue having used them on other rifles for well over 10 years now.

My rifle-building mate assures me that after he has worked on a Sako trigger, which he says are about the best of factory triggers, the finished product is superb. I am sending mine through to him this week and will keep you posted...

Hi David

Funnily enough I have gone through this recently. I picked up my rifle that came with a single set trigger, which personally I do not like. That is just me though...

So, I managed to source a secondhand standard trigger unit which will be sent to a custom rifle builder I know for reworking. He has assured me that the removal and refitting of a Sako trigger unit is very straightforward.

That being the case and all going well, I will probably put my one up on here for sale. Let me know if it is of any iinterest to you. If not it will appear in the ads.

Further, there is currently NO after-market trigger available for the Sako other than the ones mentioned. If Arnold Jewell make one in the future, I will be first in the queue having used them on other rifles for well over 10 years now.

My rifle-building mate assures me that after he has worked on a Sako trigger, which he says are about the best of factory triggers, the finished product is superb. I am sending mine through to him this week and will keep you posted...

I'd be interested to hear what your friend could do to improve my 75 standard trigger unit to be honest, as an alternative to an aftermarket trigger (which doesn't exist of course).

Cheers for the replys.

The cheapest I have found to have a sako factory trigger fitted is £250 if anyone can help with a cheaper price please let me know.

No, I am wanting to buy a sako rifle and am wanting a set trigger for it but before I bought it as an extra to the rifle I wanted to know if there were alternatives to the factory one to assess my options.

get a gunsmith to polish the sears and re-adjust the trigger will be close to a custom trigger and will break verry clean

I'd be interested to hear what your friend could do to improve my 75 standard trigger unit to be honest, as an alternative to an aftermarket trigger (which doesn't exist of course).

Hi PKL

Taylor above has taken the words right out of my mouth.

I have seen what re-working a trigger can do to a Remington which did not begin as good as a Sako trigger. I suppose it all depends on what you want to do with the rifle and whether or not a particularly light 'break' suits you.

Sako will sell you a set trigger that will fit the 75, 85 and T3. They want $A600 for them as an after market item or $A300 additional if it is fitted to a new rifle. I hear good reports about them and have one coming on a new to me 75 in 7mm/08. A bit dear as an after market add on IMHO.

David1976

I know triggers are very much a personal ie what is good for one person might not be good for another. I had a sako 75 fit with a set trigger. it was factory set at between 7-9 oz. I personlly thought it was crap. Being used to jewel triggers and set triggers on manlichers the sako was imho a waste of money. It certainly had creep and wasnt user adjustable. However the normal triggers are good with in the spec. I think taylor idea would be the route I would go down if I was to get another sako

Back