Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: That was quick..

That was quick..

Hiya, I was asked along to a farm just a mile up the road from me to join on a driven fox shoot....the farmer has lost a good few chickens to a family of, myself and a few other guns met at 9am this morning, all in place at 9.15am, and the hounds sent into the wood at the same 9.45 , we had 4 fox's..., Thing is too, they were all males...and all about the same, probs the same litter....there are still a few left to be dealt with, but that will be done another day..
    Back in the house for 10.15am, and eating brekkie...

By the looks of things you had a good morning then. Well done Norrie, you'll be in the Farmers good books then.

Atb, Buck.
    "let him without sin cast the first stone"

Nice Mornings work Norrie.
    Atb John

just the ticket ,plan to do the same with our new huntsman soon as the crops are off .well done

Well Done now get your head down the flack will be on its way before the day outunsporting etc;etc

Hiya Roedeered...LOL, Hunting foxes with packs of hounds is still legal in Scotland, as long as it's on foot., we only had 4 Beagles and a couple of Terriers, ...but it wasnt a big drive...we normally use up to 6 hounds, and can cover many miles in a day....we can also do up to 4-5 drives on a normal day out...
    The farmer thanked us all personally., he's lost a load of Chickens and Ducks to this family of foxes......they were shot no more than a 100yds from the farmhouse where the birds are kept.. We are back for the rest fairly soon.

Thanks for the kind words guys...makes it all worth while..

Thats a fart start to the day!! well done and keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by roedeerred View Post
    Well Done now get your head down the flack will be on its way before the day outunsporting etc;etc

Nothing unsporting there me thinks. Job done effectively, cleanly and professionally I would say.

Hiya, Just a wee appendix to the post...On Sunday (yesterday) I went to one of my permissions fairly early, and caught a fox with it's head down a rabbit hole...its a non fox, a great weekend...

Just had a phone call from one of the guys on the shoot on Saturday, a couple of them decided it was too early to go home, so moved on to the farm bordering the first one,,..they had a big dog fox with the hounds, chased it out a small stand of trees...and bang... Anyway, they went home after that, and my mate then got a call from the second farmer later in the day...., 40 mins after they left, there was a commotion in the chicken coop, he ran out to see the Vixen running off with a hen in its mouth!!!!!
    Couldnt make it up...but hopefully, theres only the vixen left..