Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Camcorder

What Camcorder

I would like any advice on what is a good cheap camcorder for getting footage of deer foxes etc. The last few nights I have been out with a rubbish cheap camera and all the effort in trying to get good footage is wasted on very poor quality pictures and video.
    Help please

try the HD Panasonics you really need one with image optical stabilising

i dint know what sort of budget you have but i used mine on an african dove shoot this year and managed a decent bit of footage. i have some videos i shot using it on my youtube channel.

the removable SD is a real help and a grip arm for the rest on a high seat is also a big help.

it is great fun taking film but difficult when deer walk out and you havent got enough hands free!!!

How do I find your utube channel?

Sorry forgot to ask what sort of money are you talking for one.
    Thanks for your reply.

These were taken with a Panasonic SDR-S26 it has 70x zoom and it has OIS which is a stabilization item..........

My You tube page

Well I'm going to recommend Sony camcorders
    I have an HD one and I still have it in miniDv formatt
    That way I can still keep the tape as back up after I've downloaded to a pc

I'm no expert but I will advise you to go for the highest "optical" zoom you can get as opposed to "digital" zoom

I've seen cameras offer silly magnifications in digital zoom and in a word they have been pish!!
    I'm not saying they aren't out there but in my limited experience
    Optical zoom wins

Sauer / Paul

I worked in the electronics industry for 11 years and was involved in testing microchips for most major companies.

BUY SONY!!!!!!!!!!

digital zoom isn't realy zoom its just blowing up the picture, once on your computer everyone has digital zoom,

Panasonic gets my vote

Many camera Mfg's use Sony chip sets in their kit,you dont always need the Sony brand to get a similar image quality.

Thank you all for your replies and hopefully at some point I should have some good footage to show.
    Thanks again.