comments on POA

I can see were your coming from. When one of the first things we all learn is the most important thing in the correct place ment of shot.

Looks like the graphics artist was just making a good picture for the advert. If the sight was adjusted to the correct point of aim the rim of the scope would cover the stags face and make the picture look crap.

And since its a x6 scope anything inside the scope rim should be magnified appropriately compared to the image outside the ring for it to be truly accurate.

I'm not sure I'd want to neck shoot that guy,,,what are the chances of catching the vertebrae right on !

What do you guys have to say about this advertised Point Of Aim?

Schmidt & Bender 6X42

PKL,

I think you are looking too much into this advertisement, if you look further you will see that this picture is illustrated for all scope and reticules.

Advertisement Illustration purposes only!

But as far as POI, up a bit!:lol:

Just an observation!

I'm with Stu on this
but if you could offfer a good stag like that for that price, the money also may be worth it..lol

Spot on Dave1372 ............ and Heineken is definately not 'probably the best lager in the world" ! :rolleyes:

is Carlsberg?

guys, I know it's just an ad! LOL...I was just thinking that based on the neck thickness of that beast,,,how bloody difficult would it be to catch the vertebrae on a broadside neck-shot!.

I was just thinking that based on the neck thickness of that beast,,,how bloody difficult would it be to catch the vertebrae on a broadside neck-shot!.

Comes down to experience and confidence I guess. The problem I can see arising is during the rut when the neck thickens and the mane is more pronounced, then the possibility of an inexperienced shot failing to take it into account and locating the POA too low would be increased.

shot01_fs.jpg

Last edited:
i think this advert has done what it set out to do ,that was to get people looking at it and talking about it,
ITS ONLY A ADVERT,

BOB

Back