coke fridge /chiller

Blimey, I gave a working double Coke fridge away for nothing earlier this year - I didn't realise they were so sought after!

I got lucky mine came from back of shop asked the shop keeper what he wanted for it he said if you take it now you can have it works perfect :smug:

When i had one from a shop refit i paid £100 for it. had it for 6 years before it gave up and was great for roe and munties but it was hard work getting a decent fallow in ! don't try if you have a dodgy back :)

Great bit of kit tried to hang a fallow buck in it - chiller fell over me and the buck underneath it, had mine off a mate.

i already have a larder fridge /chiller so i will try this coke one to make sure it is ok and probably swap it for a stalk :)

These half knackered well used coke cabinets do not work as well as the designed for the job chiller cabinets available over here in Germany as these have a fan assist and also come in different sizes for the species required. They seem to be unhappy about being laid horizontal then back to vertical and sometimes work badly.
Martin

The ones with sliding doors can be a bit of a pain, but you do get a bit more space inside.
Although they do work fine, make sure you get a thermometer just for piece of mind.
£100 / 200 is about what they are worth.

Bavarian, The one I have is a double door version and has a fan. If you lay any fridge or freezer on its back, then it is best to let it stand for 24 hours before running it, to let the refridgerant settle back down in the compresser.

Be careful what you buy or have as a gift from a shop as a lot of these drink chillers still remain the property of the company that originally installed it.

I read an article where a person received a call from a company who claimed ownership of the drinks chiller which they had just purchased and had to give it back to this company.

Apparently when the shopkeeper contracted to purchase x amount of drinks the drinks chiller was supplied by the drinks supplier but it remained their property and legally had a right to recover it. This may only apply to branded chillers,ie chillers with the name of the brand of drink, coke- pepsi etc.

I acquired a broken chiller from this site and when I enquired with the manufacturer for spare parts I was asked why the service engineer had not been contacted to service the chiller. I found my spares elsewhere with a local refrigeration engineer.

elmer

this one i have has been used in the kitchen at school just when a function was taking place for the white wine and soft drinks seemed to get very cold almost to the point of freezing ! the one i use myself is an all stainless larder type fridge fits x2-3 fallow very solid construction ! chills down to about 2-4 degrees

Back