Dsc 2

There is no timeframe for moving from DSCL1 to DSCL2. There is a time limit on presenting your portfolio - I think it's three years from registration.

E t R

How quick can you get your level 2 done is there a time scale:confused:

If you can present deer and stalk and shoot them, when you have AW with you it can take a hour or a day or three years it is up to you, there's nothing hard about it there's no pass and no fail it is shoot a deer complete the portfolio submit it get the paperwork back finished .

Or if your not up to it you could go through a few portfolio,s:rofl:. Make sure you are ready fo the assessment and if you shoot deer you will get through it as quick as.

Last edited:
It is 3 years from registration to the completion of your 3rd cull. In exceptional circumstanses additional time has been allowed - Foot and Mouth for example.
Some people complete it in 1 day by shooting 3 separate deer but they must be 3 different stalks to satisfy the PC's all 3 ICR's.

I'm thinking of registering for my level 2
But who's best to register with - basc/bds etc.......

Cheers
Daz

Think some are slightly cheaper than others. Just wondering if it would be better to register with a scottish 1 as i live up here??

Cheers
Daz

I did mine with the North Highland College. They were very quick in dealing with my submitted portfolio.

Think some are slightly cheaper than others. Just wondering if it would be better to register with a scottish 1 as i live up here??

Cheers
Daz

Daz, you might qualify for an ILA grant. If you do then registration with Barony College (they accept it for L1+2) is completely free and you have some of the grant left over. Basically if you earn up to £22k you apply and get it. Drop me a pm and I can explain a bit more. good luck!

The paperwork can be a nightmare so make sure what you do on a day is written up and signed off. My shooting part was done in a day but the written stuff took ages and ages then 6 weeks off to get checked but that is to be expected. Avoid leaving your portfolio with people and when posting send it recorded or special because they have gone missing in post before. A copy at home just in case gives you piece of mind though but don't be affraid to chase up the assessment centre to make sure they have it, are looking at it and most importantly are sending it back.

DL was one of the funniest though. He was getting nervous about the deadline and although he only needed one when we went out, we had 3 roe down in under an hour and a half. A good example of someone taken their time and enjoying the three years?

Back