Hungarian Roe buck just completed.

Bill Bartlett

Hi, chaps - something different. Hungarian non typical just completed. If only we had one of these in our sights eh?

Last edited:
Nice one Bill.

I shot a 7 point silver medal Roe a couple of months ago.
I didnt know about you at that time... if I had I would have gone for the shoulder mount option rather than just head cleaning one.
Just have to to go out and bag another one !
Great job

CVK

Stunning head Bill and top job too as usual.Was the head scored or not big enough?Love the non typicals and very rarely are they duplicated which makes them so unique.Any reasons given for the head being as it is?Also did you get the email regarding the one you are taking to Moy?

Hi, Dave - the head was scored @ 154.18IP and the weight was 626. Very unusual head and very eye catching. Never got your email regarding the one I am taking to Moy. It currently weighs 629 g and I think it will make gold given all other factors. What was your opinion Dave? Cheers, Bill.

Hi, CVK - congratulations on shooting your 7 point silver medal and best of luck in bagging another one! Keep back the first good cape you get CVK and I can mount it on that for you. Going to the Moy game fair, so if you get one before then take it along and I can meet you there? Cheers, Bill.

Nice one bill great job and just to add to what you have replied. (JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE SCULLED OUT A HEAD AND BOILED DOES NOT MEAN THAT YOU CANNOT GET IT FULLY MOUNTED). yOU CAN HAVE A HEAD FROM ONE STALK AND A CAPE FROM A DIFFERNT STALK THIS WOULD MAKE IT SO YOU COULD REMEBER TO DIFFERNT STALKS WITH THE ONE SPECIAL TROPHY.

That looks amazing Bill. Can you make my fella look that good?!

I am going to Austria in September for a week with the family. The hotel has organised a day`s stalking for Chamois for me. There is the real possibility of shooting something good. I guess it would be too difficult to get you to do the taxidermy? Regards Conor

Hello Conor - great to hear from you. Your buck is in the tanning bath as I write! Best of luck with your Chamois hunt in September and that you manage to get a good one. No problem regards mounting the Chamois Conor - if you can get your guide to cape it out properly, salt dry it and forward it on to me! Perhaps see you again in October when at the Red stags. ATB Bill.

Hi, chaps - something different. Hungarian non typical just completed. If only we would had one of these in our sights eh?

Hi Bill - - Beautiful! - - By the way - - I've seen one or two good ones here in last couple of days - - one of them must have your name on it !

ATB

JR

Hi, Dave - the head was scored @ 154.18IP and the weight was 626. Very unusual head and very eye catching. Never got your email regarding the one I am taking to Moy. It currently weighs 629 g and I think it will make gold given all other factors. What was your opinion Dave? Cheers, Bill.

Try your emails again Bill as ive resent the message.I answered straight away and wondered if you had recieved as there was no reply.If you dont get it this time ill find out the problem and get back to you.Rob also sent a couple and i replied to them but im presuming he never got them either.

Back