Thread: blackberrys

hi morena,hope you are well.dont think this is a problem but just thought i would run it past you,my 2 year old lab bitch has taken a liking to blackberrys everytime we go out she plucks a few of the bushes as we pass them.they wont do her any harm will they?

Can't imagine they would. Every cocker we have ever had has always scoffed blackberrys - sometimes in industrial quantities - and it never hurt them. Mind you, it might the reason they were/are all mental .

I have heard that blackberries growing adjacent to roads should be avoided as they (apparently) readily take up heavy metals and therefore concentrate all the crud from vehicle exhaust fumes.

Hi tika.308
    don't worry about the berries. good source of vitamin c. As mentioned by bandit roadside berries become contaminated by car exhausts so not a good idea. All my dogs eat fruit come what may, even nicked half a water melon on one occasion. Steer clear of grapes and raisins as they will knacker the kidneys.
    Am doing well now less like a chinese takeaway boss.
    Hope you are enjoying good stalking.

ok thanks guys,not been doing alot of stalking or any shooting yet but im hoping to start getting out and about soon,quite a bit of driving to do from different invites so just got to find the time.another thing the dogs like are raw carrots when i sneak them a couple out of the house.