Thread: Waterproof trousers

Waterproof trousers

I reley on mountain equipment ultrafleece trousers for majority of outdoor activities, topped off with sprayway ,stretchy ,breathable overtrousers when things turn extreamly wet. The combo works very well but I would like some purpose built waterproof hunting trousers that don't "sweat-up" when activity levels increase ,plus keep me dry in the Scottish Highlands. Side/leg pockets and ajustable angles a must....any recomendations?

have a look at they do some cracking trousers.

Thanks tika308

The gear looks first glass.Can anyone out there endorse the trousers?

no problem scotspine,i have a pair of the avengers but a mate of mine steyr243 has a pair of the falklands and i do prefer the look of them,never let a drop of rain through,he says the falklands are the best trousers he has ever brought.

That's good enough for me...I'll order some this week ready for my 4 day trip out to gairloch for stags.

I've had two sets of Falklands Trousers over the years, and if you don't mind the rather unconventional design of the waist band area, they are a good bit of kit.

I bought the last set earlier this year and noticed they are have switched to a different waterproof liner which seems a bit quieter than the original pair I had.

The outer is a rip stop cotton which is very durable and hard waring.

The trousers are not as quiet as fleece but are pretty good. Initially they were a bit stiff and "scratchy" but they soon soften up with use and washing.

All in all I like them better than my Deer Hunter trousers and providing they retain their waterproofness, I will probably invest in a second set in the near future.

This company also gives a small discount if you are ex Military and their gamefair prices also seem to be a bit cheaper (especially with their special offers) than those on their website...

Another of their products I highly recommend are their pertex Windshirts...Buy one a couple of sizes bigger than you think you need and it makes an excellent windproof but very lightweight & breathable "shell" outer layer...Its not waterproof, but it blocks the wind very effectively and unlike a waterproof outer, it doesn't get you so sweaty and clammy if you are doing some serious work in it...

Thanks Pete E

They sound just fine so I'll give them a shot.The west Scotland rain and rough terrain will provide a good test for them.

I have had for the last ten years a pair of Keela Mountain Salopettes - Admittadely not camo but black in colour, but wonderfully tough and you can zip them on over boots / crampons etc. (The balck soon changes once you have mud / peat on them).

I have used them most weekends for all sorts of mountain activities for the last ten years including stalking Hinds in blizzards. These combined with a Musto Stalking jacket keep you very comfortable. And they prob have a few more good years left in them.

Keela also do brilliant mountain coats - standard equipement for Mountain Rescue teams, and they do do one in DPM camo for the military.