Thread: What would you do?

What would you do?

Continuing on from my question about a buck staying around a doe during the rut I'd be interested in your ideas concerning this particular buck.
    The roe deer have only recently encroached onto this particular piece of land, perhaps during the last 4-5 years.
    I have seen several does (6)on the 400acre site that has many quite small but very dense woods and fantastic feeding on the many shrubs and very well kept areas flanking the woods. This area is cut off from the surrounding coutryside by a well fenced railway line to the East, A military base to the South, a town to the North and lots of blue stuff to the West. There are cross over points and the trains stop at 12pm so I guess they must have come in during the night through these entry points. Each of the does on the site currently have twin kids.
    I havent seen any other bucks on this piece of land but do know of 3-4 others across the railway line, again an area only recently becoming populated by roe.
    The particular buck I have been asked to cull is possibly the only one on 'my' side of the fence.
    My questions are:
    1 Would you cull it (I dont really have much choice as the damage he's done is unacceptable to the owner)
    2 Should I leave him until after the rut and try and catch up with him then?
    3 Should I just leave him be and wait for the population to develop and tell porkies to the owner ?

Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Take him.

The rut has been underway for a while. Population increase is dependent on does not bucks. Females will always find or attract another local9ish) buck if required. You'll keep the owner happy and secure your stalking - plus you can show him the evidence of your efforts.

i would wait until the end of august to make sure he has sown his seed between time id be out and about tell the land owner he is a clever devil and is taking some finding then shoot him after the rut ,next year there is nowt surer than another buck will fill the void left by him