Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1 year from today.

1 year from today.

Anyone else fed up hearing about the Olympics and Glasgow Commonwealth games and what a great job Seb Coe has done.. i would rather the money was spent on the vunerable and we would not need private money for good causes such as HFH and hospices and RNLI... friggin drug enhanced performances anyway.
    Glasgow has been dug up and rebuilt for 10 days Commonwealth (??) games that none of the big guys like Chris Hoy will participate as it doesn't count in word rankings.

Rant over...
    Last edited by RED-DOT; 27-07-2011 at 18:15.

Count me in RED-DOT, flaming sick of the hype and bull dung already, still never mind, the relevant officials are all doing very nicely out of it already, "living 5 star!"
    The final straw was the shooting fiasco where they will pull the venue down afterwards at greater cost than building it!
    's all of us.
    So never mind the ethos of leaving something for the great unwashed after the event.

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    Nairn, Inverness-shire
    I'm sick of it already........Well, I was about 20 mins after they they were picked. As you say, with economic climate the way it is, the money would have been better spent elsewhere. How much is this costing? They never really tell you that. Only how much revenue it will bring in. So Cost out minus Cost in = ? I doubt it's the hundreds of millions they seem to think. Shock to hear today that the swimming pool cost 4x the 70m if was meant to cost!!!! Doesn't surprise me one bit. I'm sure the whole thing will cost inexcess of 10x the amount allocated.

Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

It has cost 9.25 billion.

What a fiasco. The welfare state is being cut by 7 billion and thousands losing their jobs etc etc. I could go on and on........

The best thing that could have happened is for the French to have won it...... but they didn't.

so what's the story with pistol shooting as an event then?

As I get older I have realised that I cannot please everyone. But I find I can easy piss every one off.

pistol shooting will continue as section 5 ie sport pistol has been happening at specific ranges for at least the last 2 years that i know of, as a uk competitor you can not own the pistol only pay for it then have to sell to sect 5 dealer or export a strange arrangement to say the least

Sick to the back teeth with it

the whole thing makes me want to vomit, when we win a medal for shooting they add it to the stats but don,t like to publise it to much, if you compare how we have done in shooting over the years compared to most of the other sports you would expect us to have the best ranges in the world, but we win the odd medal for falling of a plank 10mtrs in the air into water and they spend 100s of millions on diving pools, I shall be proud to say I have not applied for tickets and hope it rains for the 3weeks, at least my veg will grow

Seeing as how several of the sports are not allowed in the UK the games should never have been allowed to come here. But many backhanders etc and the rules are ignored. A lot of the work on the venues has been contracted out to eastern European labour so exactly how is that benefiting us in the UK?

Of course many more palms were greased so that makes it OK.

I would not go if you paid me let alone apply for tickets.