Abnormal Sika and Fallow from the New Forest Show..

Below is a picture of the left top of a Red stag I shot some years ago.
The opposite side was a normal triple top.
This stag had come in to my ground for 3 consecutive ruts and had a similar faulty top on that side each year.
I shot him as it was probably a genetic fault and he may have been serving his own daughters.
HWH.

Deformedantlers.jpg

Uncanny that Hubert i was watching one not dissimilar to yours but with a few more points on the malform side just tonight !
I told Max on this forum about it last year as he likes the malforms, the concensous was to leave him till this year and see if he grew back normal.
Well seem's not as he has just re-appeard !
I will see if i can get some photo's or film of him. DF

I think it was just a genetic misfit.
There is no Elk/Wapiti beasts anywhere here that I am aware of.
I also shot another on the same mountains which had a large Elk-like back spur on the right antler but during 50 years of culling it was inevitable that some curiosities would appear.

HWH.
Added.
Photo of that back-spur.

deformedantlers033.jpg

Last edited:
Bound to! I love an anomoly. Those beasts from Beaulieu are great i think. I was due to go down for a stalk after my first Sika earlier in the year, but Mr Stagg called us up and said they're all off in the forest eating acorns and that he hadn't seen any about! How many places would have just let you drive all the way down to get the stalking fee? He's a good bloke in my book.

Uncanny that Hubert i was watching one not dissimilar to yours but with a few more points on the malform side just tonight !
I told Max on this forum about it last year as he likes the malforms, the concensous was to leave him till this year and see if he grew back normal.
Well seem's not as he has just re-appeard !
I will see if i can get some photo's or film of him. DF

Well Hubert its been a bit hit and miss trying to get a clip of him, but i managed to do it this morning while out goosing he was only 30m away at one point in the dark. DF

Back