Lancs Buck

Was out this morning and after a nice stalk with a couple of stops on the buttalo I managed to stop the amorous intents of this nice little chap. Just after shooting him a much bigger buck ran off that was tracing him about 70yds further up the valley. This one was sniffing the back end of a doe and I had to stop him wondering right past me at about 40yds with a whistle.

View attachment 8279

Was a cracking morning to be out and saw several other good bucks on the way in to the ground.

Tony

Nice one tony he looks realy long and tall.PS Get out in a couple of days she will have anouther one with her

Hello Davie, This was a different area to the 'Big Boy'. I'll be out for him tomorrow. The buck tracing the route this chap and his girlie were taking was a far superior animal and I guess this youngster was trying to fill his boots while the larger buck was distracted.
Tony

Well done nice to see some picture's from Lancashire area on deer sure you will post the bigger buck if you cull him.

Nice one Tony, lovely looking buck. Definitely signs of the rut on around here then! Might be fortunate enough myself at some point, in saying that, I'm away for a couple of weeks now so it'll probably all be over by the time I'm back!! Hoping for some joy up in Ayrshire at the start of August. Bring on the midge!!!!

Hi Tony,

Nice buck! The roe in and round Lancashire seem to be getting better in quality as the years go by. The feeding in my area is not great so i can only assume its the lack of disturbance that allows the growth.

This is a silver medal i shot last year in Lancashire.

See you soon

ATBSilver medal roe 22-05-2010.jpg

Back