Thread: Mine might be smaller than yours!!!

Mine might be smaller than yours!!!

OK Guys,

What is the smallest blade you have ever gralloched a beastie with??

Last night I dropped a roe buck and to my surprise found that I had neglected to put my stalking belt on with my usual knives etc.

Quick rummage round in my pockets revealed a Victorinox swisscard with a whopping 1 and a bit inch blade

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Victorinox-Card-Blade.gif 
Views:	13 
Size:	75.3 KB 
ID:	8285

Well it took a bit of doing but I gralloched said beastie as usual. I have heard of people using cartridge cases hammered flat (might not be true). Have any of you been in a similar predicament and what did you end up using??

Similarly has anyone had to use a machete or japanese Katana by some random twist of fate??

Used a stanly knife a couple of times both i was caught out only ment to be zeroing rifle but you know the thing always have a look over the hill.
    As I get older I have realised that I cannot please everyone. But I find I can easy piss every one off.

Did a fallow with a bog standard swiss army knife some years ago, 2" blade.

Wasn't too bad actually. Even managed to get the back passage done.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

better than using a bit of flint i suppose

Have used a cartridge case hammered flat to gralloch a hind. It worked well enough but not the neatest job ever.

Oh dear.... ive used a old shark tooth that hung round my neck Bee Gee style... "IF YOU DON'T HAVE YOUR GEAR, DON'T SHOOT A DEER"???

Quote Originally Posted by Heym SR20 View Post
    Have used a cartridge case hammered flat to gralloch a hind. It worked well enough but not the neatest job ever.
    Eh? How did you manage to leave the house to go shooting with no knife, but find yourself with a hammer?
    You can't say muntjac without saying, Mmmmmm.

Particularly like the shark tooth!!!.. Nice one

Account Suspended
    Bonnie Scotland
    I recall once seeing a TV documentary where a nomad (in either Tibet or Mongolia, or some such place) killed one of his sheep with his bare hands, swiftly and very deftly rupturing the renal artery by external manipulation. He then went on to skin and joint the beast, still with his bare hands, though I think he used his teeth at some points. Not very PC, maybe, but he didn't seem to need any blade at all to do the gralloch.

Sharpen yer wallies lads!

Thats it...real men use their teeth!!

Bet you'd get hairs at the back of your throat though!!