Thread: Is the rut on Near Glasgow/Strathaven??

Is the rut on Near Glasgow/Strathaven??

Hi fellas, anyone in the area know if thems a ruttin near strathaven. I got a couple of days booked up there next week would be great to know what to expect.

Thanks in advance.

Been and gone in my opinion. We had a bit of warm weather last 10 days in july and it all kicked off then. P11ssing down now and have not seen a decent buck for over a week

You need to hope the weather improves considerably and you might get lucky.

Squeaked a buck last night while out walking the dog, he came like a freight train.

Yes mate its been on for a long while i shoot alround here and live here. 308 boy is correct but it seems to kick back in soon as the warm thundery. Was watching a couple of bucks on the edge of the whitelee chasing the same doe with no fighting between them. This would also suggest that it is really just about over.

PS good luck
    As I get older I have realised that I cannot please everyone. But I find I can easy piss every one off.

Its all but over in my area,whom are stalking with at Strathaven stalked a bit of forestry there 15 or 16 years ago new plantation then will be a fair size now I would imagine.

Cheers for the replies guys, I am stalking with a mate on some syndicate land he has as a guest, don't know the name of it.