Available: Novices

herbert

I am taking new stalkers on, mostly those whose Police Authority Firearms Dept have requested to be supervised for 12 months as a condition of their firearm.
All aspects of deer stalking covered.

I can highly recommend Herbert, I've stalked with Herbert for some time now, not starting as a novice as I was looking for some stalking after loosing the job related stalking I had. Since I've stalked with him I haven't needed to look for my own, even though I try and get out most weeks.

He's got some great gound with plenty of animals. As far as novices are concerned he has all the time and patience in the world and 30+ years experience. What he is offering is to introduce novices to stalking and also to act as a mentor to those who's firearms departments stipulate an accompanied period before opening up their ticket. He also has the facility to provide an Estate Rifle for those that haven't either gained their FAC yet or don't have a deer calibre rifle

Out with him last weekend with plenty of deer showing, saw some big fallow bucks with good heads and some really good Roe.There's also munties. If anyone wants to see what he can provide take a look at his gallery.

Ade

Anyone who wants more details on the stalking available, please can you telephone me on 01544 340371. I'm not the best with computers !!

Herbert:)

SD member Ray's first Deer, nice Roe doe taken off sticks. One well happy chappy!!!

rays first deer.jpg

Appologies for the image quality as it was taken using Ray's mobile. The First of many for Him!!!!!

As per my orriginal thread, anyone who needs a mentor for Firearms Certificate conditions or would like to take up stalking, give me a call on 01544 340371

exellent i bet hes well chuffed,nice to see all these genuine people off this site helping people out ,atb wayne

Hi Herbert (Ed),

Thanks for a great ( though unfruitful) day last week.

May I recommend the stalking, mentoring and accompanied shooting related to this thread this thread.

I was recommended Ed by another forum member. As a newbie without FAC but with some exxperience I learned so very much from the day, had the benefit of a waelth of experience and assistance, together with tea, food, laughter and opportunity. It simply does not get better! The shooting and organisation simply is natural, well appointed and well organised.

Thanks Ed. I'll be back

Fraser

Last edited:
Fraserd are you having a laugh with a post like that looks like there is an opertunity but at a high price best of luck to you all.

Not really! Its a bit difficult to 'get going' with stalking without enough land available and especially with a restriction on the FAC.
I've had details from quite a few commercial 'accompanied day' providers and although their 'day rate' varies a little and a syndicated membership would be far less costly its a tough ask for someone starting out with little experience and maybe no DSC.
Anyway I had a good day and I know other do too!

john brady young fallow 6-3-2012.jpg

SD member Woodmaster with his third Fallow on his third visit. Finished our Fallow cull now,good numbers of Muntjac showing and looking forward to April having seen some good Roe bucks already clean.

Mentoring, i dont understand why everyone is going on about mentoring, i find it very unfair that they have this put on there ticket....... Can basc not assist pepole to have it removed. What a crazy idea infact i find it a utter disgrace, i understand somebody starting out and wanting to learn but having it on your ticket stating you have to be mentored is surely against the law, or has the home office changed the rules...........

I can highly recommend Herbert, I've stalked with Herbert for some time now, not starting as a novice as I was looking for some stalking after loosing the job related stalking I had. Since I've stalked with him I haven't needed to look for my own, even though I try and get out most weeks.

He's got some great gound with plenty of animals. As far as novices are concerned he has all the time and patience in the world and 30+ years experience. What he is offering is to introduce novices to stalking and also to act as a mentor to those who's firearms departments stipulate an accompanied period before opening up their ticket. He also has the facility to provide an Estate Rifle for those that haven't either gained their FAC yet or don't have a deer calibre rifle

Out with him last weekend with plenty of deer showing, saw some big fallow bucks with good heads and some really good Roe.There's also munties. If anyone wants to see what he can provide take a look at his gallery.

Ade

+1 Without reservation.
Indeed I am planning a further visit. Good estate rifle, patient, knowledgable, varied ground so giving excellent experience both for the novice and more experienced stalker alike.

Fraser

Back