Thread: Brass

Does it make big difference when reloading different makes of brass

Yup!, as case volume can vary by great degrees,& some brass is thinner than others, doesn't sound much, but you can get very different results from mixing brass headstamps, & not just in p.o.i.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

As above, it is very good practice to load in batches of the same make of brass and work up loads for each make if you are loading to the max.

One further point to consider is case weight. My Remington brass for my Remington 260 ranges in weight from 159 gr to 164 gr. Before reloading any, I sort it into lots by weight. My recommendation is to use one brand of quality brass.

Regards JCS

And don't forget to keep the brass in batches of the same firing, i.e once fired, twice fired etc,etc. Everytime you fire and resize a cartridge the brass stretches and gets thinner. Also as you trim them to length they get lighter. Neck sizing can prolong the lifespan of the case ( especially if your banging off loads at the range).

Hi, i am new to the forum (been reading it for a long time but only just joined) it can make a difference and in my opinion you cant go wrong with Lapua cases, they are very goog quality and will withstand higher pressures than most brands allowing you to load a little hotter. They are a little more expensive but you will get far more reloadings out of them which will obviously offset the cost. I hope this helps.

thanks for help chaps( ven}