Dangerous?

Eyefor

I have an RCBS Chargemaster and I've been using and old plastic 50 round .17HMR ammo box to discharge the unused powder in to after I have completed loading the set number of rounds (normally 50 or 100).

However I've noticed that the powder sometimes "dances" around the ammo box and some sticks to the sides when I pour the unwanted powder back in to the powder tub. H380, Varget, N140, H4895 all react in the same manner.

I'm assuming this is static electricity - so is this dangerous (as in is there a potential "KABOOM" moment :eek: ) and, if so, any suggestions what should I use to discharge the powder into please?

wash the ammo box in warm soapy water and allow to airdry that should remove any residual static

it won't go bang anyway.......it just produces lots of gas, therefore its only the sudden release that is the bang.

never a stupid question......if you are thinking it then ask............I only know because a lecturr once tipped out gun powder onto a piece of paper and set it on fire.......we were all fairly dissappointed with the lack of explosion

Back