Replacement trigger for tikka t3

As far as I know there isn't one in production - used to be by CG though - but if there are any still kicking around your best bet would be to try Jackson Rifles.

The factory units are fairly tweakable so unless your looking for a break in the gramm's region (or you've broken it somehow) you could try adjustment first? It's a stock off job but not difficult. Don't forget to test for bump and slam fire.

Last edited:
have the sears polished and weight adjusted and it will feel as good as any trigger on a stalking rifle

have the sears polished and weight adjusted and it will feel as good as any trigger on a stalking rifle

I have to agree, I had mine done and Its spot on breaking at 1.5 lbs...Very crisp, as I remember the gunsmith charged me for 3 hrs labour £70-80...Cheaper than a replacement unit

If the pull is too heavy, you could try changing the bolt that holds the trigger to the action.
The bolt head acts as the stop to limit adjustment of the grub screw.

If you fit a bolt with a lower head, you will have more scope for adjustment. Use threadlock on the grub screw though and make sure its safe.

I looked in to this a few years back and there was a guy in america doing lighter springs for them but he wouldn't post over here. I ended up just adjusting it and managed to get a clean safe 1.75lbs which suits me well.

Dave

Back