Thread: Hello from Idaho, USA

Hello from Idaho, USA

I'd like to say hello to the members of the site. It is a great site and I hope to come to the UK some day for a hunting/filming trip. My name is Shawn Carlock, I am a custom long range rifle builder and tactical trainer in the US. I compete in many competitions from clays shooting to extreme range rifle field shooting. I enjoy almost all versions and techniques of hunting.

Hi shawn, welcome to the site! what do you hunt?

Welcome (again!) Shawn,

I guess it is late afternoon over in Idaho? I suspect you wont be able to indulge in too much 'instant' chat on the forum. I'm sure that as & when you cross the pond there will be plenty of folk who will be happy to assist.

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)

Welcome to the site - it will be interesting to hear your experiences from the US. I've hunted in Texas before but not Idaho....

Welcome, I think you will find a great bunch of people here and I hope you manage a trip over the water for a spot of hunting, we maybe a small country but we have alot to offer in the way of deer stalking.
    What do you hunt Mules and Whitetails or is there more on offer in Idaho?

Welcome aboard Shawn
    Look forward to hearing about your hunting Idho and about your custom rifle's

Big game hunting in Idaho is really good for most things. As a resident I can buy tags across the counter for whitetail deer, mule deer, elk, black bear, mountain lion, turkey, antelope, and of course all fur bearing and varmints varities. I can draw with good odds for moose, mountain goat & bighorn sheep. The seasons are fairly generous and hunting with archery, muzzleloader, handgun, and rifle are permited in general and special seasons. Primarily I hunt black bear, deer, and elk. I have started putting in for moose permit in a certain area recently. I'll try to get some Idaho hunting pics posted pretty soon.