New scope for the Pigs

reiver

Just got my new scope for my piggy adventure had to get it from the state's though as GmK are not importing any of the 1.25-4 x 20 scopes in any reticule .
http://www.leupold.com/hunting-and-shooting/products/scopes/vx-r-riflescopes/

I went for the circle dot reticule mounted it on the .444M tonight and got it bore sighted
ready for a night on the range tommorow.So far i am well pleased with the sight the optic's look very good and gives a very clear sight picture
:thumb:

Bob

Hi Bob,
Looks like a good bit of kit, did you get stung by customs ?
I am booked for Franks last trip.
He tells me there are going to be more guys than usual on that particular trip so lets hope there are enough piggies left to go round.
Eddy McC

Hi eddy

just got stung for parcel farce charges with the vat on top! total of £24
I would not bother going on the last trip with Frank ,Eddy as i intend to do my very worst to the Croatian boar population this year :rofl: .
I have also just got another pig hunter converted to the Mighty Treble4 for the Trip on the 17th Nov.

Bob

.444 underlevers are for cowboys ;) not pig killers :rolleyes: mind you, they make so much noise they may frighten a pig or two:D
If you are out on the 17th I may see you at Heathrow.
Bryan Nelson has promised to get a group together for the same dates but he does not seem to be very organised up to now.

Just put a meopta meosight II 30 on my 45-70 x1 mag shoot it with both eyes open just like a shot gun parallax free very quick for target acquisition.

Just a couple of pick's now the scope is mounted on my rifle.
I have only zeroed it with down loads on the club range so far but i am very impresed so far with it.

Bob.

Attachments

• P1030150.JPG
    P1030150.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 67
  • P1030151.JPG
    P1030151.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 69
Bob, That certainly looks a good set-up, but I'm afraid the scope is more appealing to me than the rifle :)
Have you zeroed it in yet and checked for loose screws afterwards ?
Some time ago a stalking friend of mine had a .444 but preferred to use Iron sights and he did quite well with it too, frightened the life out of me when the bullet struck :eek:

Hi Eddy
yes i have checked all the screws on the mounts after zeroing and as they are the quick release type i have taken the scope off and back on with no change of impact so far so goody.
As for the rifle well "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" so they tell me a bit like other peoples Kids!:lol:

Just put a meopta meosight II 30 on my 45-70 x1 mag shoot it with both eyes open just like a shot gun parallax free very quick for target acquisition.
Martyn, I came across Meopta 'scopes back in the early 70's and most of my German friends at the time reckoned they were as good, if not better, than Schmidt's, mind you they were hard to come by then as several borders had to be crossed before they got to Germany!!
I must say I have not heard of the model you have but as long as it is low power and zeroed, it will do the job.

.444 underlevers are for cowboys ;) not pig killers :rolleyes: mind you, they make so much noise they may frighten a pig or two:D
QUOTE]

<Giggles>

I think the PW gang are out early December (not sure if it's week 1 or week 2).

I may see you chaps out there.

Bob, get a gun that cycles "quietly"....

I'm on the first period in November, but not with Frank, and Frank's last trip in December, we all use the same flights so we are sure to bump into each other at some stage.
We'll probably see each other at Heathrow on the way out, all smiles and jokes etc:D let's hope it's all smiles and jokes on the way back :D

Is frank(nice bloke) coming up with the goods these days been twice (with BSA) and we were very light on pigs twice.(for the group with many blank drives)
money back both times.
Didn't want that wanted pigs.
Go to bulgaria now. Much better.

Is frank(nice bloke) coming up with the goods these days been twice (with BSA) and we were very light on pigs twice.(for the group with many blank drives)money back both times.Didn't want that wanted pigs.Go to bulgaria now. Much better.
Very hit and miss, but then I could say that for a few others as well.
When he does come up good it is very good, but then I can say the same for the other agents I've been with too.
All I can say about Frank tho is, that regardless of whether the beaters can get the pigs to you, he is more straight forward with nothing left untold and his accomodation and food is always spot on so altogether an enjoyable trip.

you haven't seen the hotties in bulgaria... I pray we stop at happy's for lunch again. Never have I been so happy to spend £10 on good food. Damn...

Perhaps I'll get a look next year ;)
The trouble is I get impatient and start looking for trips early, the theory being that the good places get booked up early.
I think I'll see what happens next year by leaving it a bit later, say March or April :D

Back