Interesting Malform: possible causes?

groach1234

Well this was my first solo deer and I was lucky that it was also my first malformed roe :D Its quite an interesting head and wondered what could have caused it? no obvious testicular damage so whats your views?

IMG_0183.jpg

IMG_0184.jpg

IMG_0186.jpg

IMG_0178.jpg

George

I think you should leave the poor beggars testicles alone, you'd already shot him!!

I would suggest he has damaged the antler in velvet. It looks more snapped than warped

Weird but nice head there bud ,hope the box of bullets in 1 of the pics wasnt the chosen calibre for the job:-|

George i have a simalar head and i to found NO Internal or Body injury as been stated must have been damaged when growwing ???? if i knew how to get a pic onto my computor i would post it Sorry the computor wizz aint here no more

Very nice malform , i find them very interesting and always save mine over and above anything standard unless very big. Sorry can't help you on cause with that one, it's interesting how its gone out but the points have headed up again.

I'm almost more interested where you can buy hornady 17hmr for only £10!! I'm paying £13 a box in Salisbury and have been getting through 100's recently.

Thanks guys I assumed it was damaged in velvet and had the idea of frost damage? we had a really hard winter with about a fortnight when it didn't go above -10 and was -20 for a few day.

Weird but nice head there bud ,hope the box of bullets in 1 of the pics wasnt the chosen calibre for the job:-|

Dont worry it was a 140gr 6.5 that did him.

I'm almost more interested where you can buy hornady 17hmr for only £10!! I'm paying £13 a box in Salisbury and have been getting through 100's recently.

They're quite old must be a year or so.

George

Back