Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Two Rifles of the same calibre.

Two Rifles of the same calibre.

Does anyone out there have two rifles of the same caibre on their certificate? I am in the process of applying for a variation to purchase another rifle in .204 to dedicate too night vision so that I don't have to keep re zeroing my present rifle. Is this a goood enough reason?

Thanks, Tony

Cant see why it wouldn't be.

Yes and yes.

If you can justify it by 'good reason' - and yours appears good enough - then carry on.

I once had 4 x .308 of my own and shared use of another on my FAC and the FLD didn't have an issue.

I've had my .223 rebarrelled to a .204 and asked for 223 to be left on for nightvision. They are similar cartridge and was told not a problem. So you shouldn't have a problem. That was lancs

Established Poster
    Porthcawl - south wales
    I have two .243 on mine one is used for N/V

Thanks Guys, for the speedy replies, spoke to the FEO he didn't see a problem but you know what it's like it has got to get past them in the office. Posting this afternoon so we will see what happens!

Cheers Tony

Hopefully you won't have a problem again depends on your force, I had two calibres the same on my ticket not NV but one was my own and one was the estate rifle, I got it eventually but they were not to keen at first suggested I replace my own rifle with another full bore of a different calibre this would not have been a problem, however I did not wish to do this and after some debate I did get it.

bogtrotter, I suppose I could have asked for a different calibre but couldn't see the point. This way I don't have to buy and store yet another calibre of ammo as I already have .22 .17 and .204 and I don't have to increase my allocation for the .204. Lets hope they see it like I do.

believe it or not, but got lots of stick at renewal for two 6.5x55's (and no, not because of the calibre!) by L&B...couldn't see why it was necessary, but gave-in in the end.

PKL, what did you give them as good reason?