Thread: Posting pictures

Posting pictures

Ok, this has probably been asked before but how do you post photos.
    I have tried off picture book which works until you log off their web site.
    Answers on a postcard please and make it simple.

Read the site mate!!!!.....................................

The Stalking Directory Photographic Competition 2008

Right all you David Bailey wannabies! Here’s The Stalking Directory’s 2008 Photographic Competition.

As we haven’t all got big fat lenses, this isn’t going to be just about the best deer pictures – although as this is a stalking website, there will obviously be a deer (or other stalked species) category.

The competition will run until the Autumn when the winners of each category will win a prize. I can’t tell you what the prizes are going to be yet, but I’ll make sure you’re rewarded for your efforts. I’m also going to try and get someone of notoriety to be the judge. I was thinking of Bill Oddie, I’m sure he’d be a popular choice on this site!

There are three categories:

1) Deer and other stalked species (e.g. boar, moose, plains game etc...).
    Fairly obvious and straightforward.

2) Landscape.
    How many times have we seen a sunrise or amazing landscape that has just blow us away? It could be a picture of a mighty glen, a babbling brook or the sun shining through mist – it really doesn’t matter and these photos don’t have to feature deer.

3) Capturing a moment.
    Every now and again the camera captures a special moment when out stalking. It could be friends having a drink on the tailgate of the car at the end of the day, or your dog leaping over a stream with a big smile on their face! It doesn’t matter what the subject matter is, provided it’s stalking relate. We’re looking for a photo that really does say a thousand words.

When you enter a photo, please can you say a few words about it – who, where and when etc.

Unlike other competitions you might enter, there are no Terms and Conditions, other than the judge’s (whoever that is) decision is final. This is just a bit of fun and a chance to show off your ability with a lens.

How to upload photos
    Perhaps the easiest way to display your photos on this Forum is to open an account with Photobucket. Here’s your step by step guide.

1. Save your photos on your computer
    2. Log onto
    3. Click ‘Join Now’
    4. Go through process of joining, it’s all FREE. You’ll have to remember your ‘Username’ and ‘Password’.
    5. When you’re logged on your can upload pictures to your Photobucket album by pressing ‘Browse’ and finding the picture from your computer.
    6. Then click ‘Upload’.
    7. When the photo you want to enter into the competition is uploaded to Photobucket it will appear in your album, left click with your mouse on the IMG Code underneath the photo. The code should go blue. Right click the mouse and copy this code.
    8. Return to The Stalking Directory competition pages, paste this code onto the page and give us a few words telling us more about your photo.
    9. Job done!

Thank you I think!!!
    I did read the site but looked under FAQ, my mistake I guess.