Thread: Hello from another newbie

Hello from another newbie

Thought I would just introduce myself as a new member. I have been browsing this site for a while now and thought I would register. It seems friendly and the discussions are interesting and informative for a novice stalker.

I am based in Dorset.

I only tried shooting in February of last year, a have a go session with a 28 bore at a local clay school, I was bitten by the bug. These days I go clay shooting, (very) rough game shooting, lamping for bunnies and foxes and deer stalking.

I tried deer stalking for the first time early this year on a paid for outing with a professional stalker. I did DSC1 in the summer. And yes I now have my own rifle.

I really enjoy my stalking trips even if they are unsuccessful, as I love being out and about in such a lovely part of the world.

Claire M

Hi Claire,
    Welcome to the site. Im relatively new myself, and have always found everyone very helpful and a mine of information. Looking forward to reading about your shooting adventures some time soon.

claire welcome im from just over the border in somerset
    probably see you clay shooting out and about some time
    enjoy the site regards pete.

Welcome aboard

Hi Claire
    Welcome to the site.
    I get down to Dorset stalking a bit, back down in November looking forward to it, beautiful county with lots of deer.

Thanks guys.

I think forgot to mention it Roedinator but my mentor has a farm in Somerset, another beautiful county.

I also forgot to mention (how could I!) that hubby is also a keen shot. When we are lamping for bunnies we take turns to drive and shoot..... no jokes about women drivers please! After all I haven't got the landie stuck....yet!