Roe Buck with problems

stalkinginengland

I was just thinking of something that I saw 30 years ago and had forgotten about. I was Under keeper on an estate and we had an area of park land. On the park were heffers and it must have been November or december because there was snow on the ground. A Roe buck had got in amoungst these cattle and was chasing them around all the time. I cant remember what happened to him but I do remember one thing and that is that he had a constant erection and I mean for days it was out of the sheath. Has anyone seen anything like this before as I suddenly realized that I had not heard of it or seen it since.

Yes it's a proper medical condition known as priapism. I've seen it in horses after certain sedative drugs. In the wild state the penis would likely become damaged and infected.

Easily confused with paraphimosis where the penis gets trapped outside the sheath - have seen that in dogs (especially randy terriers).

Can affect people!

Most friday and saturday nights you'll see this in town, there's some right Heffers getting chased by the young bucks.

Yes it's a proper medical condition known as priapism. I've seen it in horses after certain sedative drugs. In the wild state the penis would likely become damaged and infected.

Easily confused with paraphimosis where the penis gets trapped outside the sheath - have seen that in dogs (especially randy terriers).

Can affect people!

When i did a four day first aid at work course a few years ago priapism was mentioned much to the amusement of the females on the course as it can be one of the symptoms caused by trauma/injury to the spine.
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_does_tricorporeal_priapism_mean
So maybe Apache could be on the right lines as a buck chasing about in a field of cattle does seem odd behavior
ATB
RICK O SHEA

mark to think about aroe buck with a erection you must have been looking at that mag i sent you . you know the blond with a tush:lol:

Young Red-stag with a problem !
HWH.

DSC_0196-2.jpg

What recalled this event to your mind??

I was reading a book by richard prior called sporting answers or something like that and it suddenly came to mind so I had a look but as far as I know there is no answer in the book.

The thing is why was it so randy at that time of year. I wondered if the cattle give off a scent or if it was just trying to find the easiest way of dealing with the problem. after all a hand shandy was out of the question..........I could not catch it.

Back