Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A-Tec CMM4 Alu Mod

A-Tec CMM4 Alu Mod

To those of you that took the plunge and bought one of theses Aluminium CMM4ís

1. How are you getting on with it now a few months have passed?

2. Is the gas cutting an issue or is it just hype?

Thanks in advance!

SD Regular
    Herefordshire, Hampshire or Essex
    Loving mine - no signs of any wear yet and have it apart regularly because (a) the concern above and (b) it's so easy to dismantle and clean
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

top mod light in weight good sound reduction
    keeps balance of the rifle perfect
    doesnt look out of place on the wonderfull BLASER
    regards pete .

"doesnt look out of place on the wonderfull BLASER "

Is that because you have a problem keeping it on it Pete?

Quote Originally Posted by 8x57 View Post
    "doesnt look out of place on the wonderfull BLASER "

Is that because you have a problem keeping it on it Pete?
    I was waiting for some smart alec to come out with a comment like that trust you thats borrowed mate

as i explained to ben c whilst winding him up its the end result that counts
    thats why the trophy is sat on my mantlepiece
    regards pete .

I liked the noise reduction and weight balance of my CMM4 but found it cut badly and I put less than 100 rounds through it. I also did not realise before I bought it that it stated in the instructions not to use bullets of 100gr or more and not to use plastic tipped bullets in it. I was using a .243 and the moderator was marked to be used up to 6.5mm and at that size you would be expecting to use bullets heavier than this.

I have sold it and since ordered the new atec maxim with steel baffles and aluminium body.

It weighs more I believe about 370g for the 4 baffle version but is cheaper than the cmm4 was.

It's arriving on Friday so looking forward to testing it out.

Works ok on mr .17 fireball but it is gas cut badly.

David, You will not be disappointed.
    I got mine last week and so far have zeroed with it on my new .243 barrel, three rounds, zeroed with it on my 30-06, five rounds and shot a fox and a Fallow.
    Played around with it on, using some reloaded heavy bullets, light bullets, PPU light bullets and some PPU heavy bullets all in all had some fun and put a few rounds through it.
    So far no sign of gas cutting, easy to clean and balances on my Blaser wonderfully

Just to throw a spanner in the works, I have the Roedale V with the first two baffles in stainless steel coated in TAiN. Now I have learnt to tighten it up properly it works a treat. 100 rounds, no cutting!

Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

Chuffed to bits with mine so far. At first I noticed some erosion (roughening) on 2 of the baffles, but this now seems to have stopped. I use mine on a 308 and a 243, and it seems very efficient on both rifles.
    You can't say muntjac without saying, Mmmmmm.