Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Butler creek alternatives

Butler creek alternatives

Ok I guess we all know that B&C covers are now crap!!!
    I'm not going to buy anymore for rm to break

Do anyone got good links to alternatives ?
    I still prefer the same style , I prefer em to bikini covers
    I've seen similar but with yellow see thru covers but dunnoe who makes em or if they are any good

Sauer/ Paul

I never found the need for them if you keep your glass clean with a hydroscopic coating, commonly called cleaning.

I've tried them but find that once opened you have to keep them open as, when closed they mist up.

I have the yellow one on the back of my z6i as the bc ones wont fit on properly, they are called/made by Bushwacker.

Hope that helps

I bought a Butler Creek neoprene scope cover from Bushwear - waterproof, durable, can be removed quicker than using flip up covers, and gives a degree of protection to the whole scope.

I only use one on the objective lens when it rains so much that vision would be impaired by the rain drops on the lens in a shot scenario - why else would you use one? mine is a BC flip up one, and I have scared a number of deer off by sticking my hand up to open it when in position to shoot, so I am getting a little fed up with them I have to admit.

That's on my S&B, the new Zeiss has a nano-technology coating that repels water like a ducks back, no need for scope covers at all - perfect!

The yellow Quake covers are POS split after 3 weeks!
    Butler Creeks are ok if they come from the states (i.e. legit ones).
    The trouble is the rinky-dink cheapo copies which are not worth a fart in a bucket.

Lotutec (Zeiss) is fine but I still use covers.

the but and cheapest i have had are hawke there about 6

Having bought an Accucover and being impressed by it's quality I got in touch with Nick Matthews to enquire about objective covers.... and they're in the pipeline.

Rifle scope cover - AccuCover - reduces parallax error for faster and more accurate shooting

not sure if still available but iv got polar caps on mine,had them years and are superb

For wet days bikini caps or a carrier bag wrapped around the scope (seriously). Otherwise nothing.