Co-terminous?

Si

My SGC is up for renewal in November, I got the reminder this week.... An now I have a dilemna....
Do I go co-terminous or leave it seperate? My FAC still has 3yrs left to run.
Cost wise I would save £30 but spread over 5 years it's only £6 a year, hardly seems worth it, but it means only having to renew every 5 yrs instead of 3 then 2

When you go co-terminous is it treated as 2 applications anyway? as in 8 photos instead of 4 and needing 4 referees instead of 2 or does common sense prevail and they combine the two?

What would you do?

I have been co-terminous for a long time. It means it all gets done at once, but there is no reduction in the number of photos required. Regards JCS

+1 jcs

exactly the same with me. No real advantage save financial and the "dont have to think about it for a while" one. Its worth it for me, I hate paperwork.

+1 :thumb: Been Co-terminous for years now it's the way to go, 1 visit every 5yrs.

Rgds, Buck.

( ps the visits every few years were more of an inconvenience )

Go co-terminus, also a great opportunity for your to ask for an increase in ammo purchase and possession, as well as asking to add one or two new calibres:D

i have had a co-terminus certificate for the last renewal it was a pain having two different renewals :D

Go co-terminous now and throw in a variation (or two) on your FAC while your at it! There must be some other calibre that you 'need'?:D
MS:)

+1 on coterminous. You can have the same referee(s) on both and it's only one lot of paperwork, one visit from the FEO, one trip to the photo booth.....

willie_gunn

I think you have me convinced that co-terminous is the way to go.

The only downside I can see, apart from the fact that the application will take considerably longer is that I will have to renew FAC now, doubling up on the form filling etc, even though it still has 3yrs left.... but I quite like the idea of asking for another cal at the same time :D

Do you think asking for HD pistol would be pushing it? :D

Si, don't know about your area, but have not found co-terminous application to take any longer

You will need 8 photographs 1 cosignatory for shotgun 2 for Fac 1 of whom can be the person who did your shotgun
OK you will loose out on three years on your FAC and some extra form filling but well worth it long term also the fact that it will only cost £50 at the present time, they are talking of a price increase at the moment no final figure has been agreed but the sum of £200 has been talked about, the intention is to transfer the full cost of the application process to the applicant, which will make the co- terminus application even more attractive as you will only be paying for one FLO visit etc.

Now I don't understand why not, but a friend recently tried to have his certificates made co-terminous when his shotgun certificate was due for renewal. He was informed that it couldn't be done at the time of a shotgun certificate re-newal only a firearms certificate re-newal????? Figure that one out, if it's correct.

He was informed that it couldn't be done at the time of a shotgun certificate re-newal only a firearms certificate re-newal?????

That's interesting, I'll look into that.... come to think of it I may have heard that before, it brought a light on when I read it :confused:

bogtrotter, I was working on the theory that FAC applications generally take longer than SGC and I only have about 9 weeks before my SGC expires.

Co co terminous is easier and I had mine done in less than a month with a variation as well. I did it when FAC was to b renewed so can't comment on if you can do it SG up for renewal first. It also to me seems a lot less work for FALO as he will need to do less hours so should keep £200 fee away for a couple of years.

im with gwent and in 2009 my shotgun cert was due and my firearms was due a few months later, so the chap said go co terminus and i agreed payed the money for both and off it went but in the mean time i spoke to basc who said you could not end a firearms cert early within the first five years (or something along them lines) but gwent were adament you could so they went ahead but the computer wouldnt print the same dates on the firearms cert as the shotgun so they crossed it out and wrote it in by hand then stamped it....ps whilst doing a level 2 stalk earlier in the year my aw noticed that thy still have differant end dates too...lol:)

It was Gwent who told my friend that you could only go co-terminus on renewal of the FAC and not on renewal of his shotgun certificate.

Back