Thread: Joe Public & firearms

Joe Public & firearms

Up at 05.00,Yesterday, (Saturday) this qualifies as a lie in!, I was answering the call to help out at Altcar's NRA open day, in company with Mike (Flyboy 270), & others from Warrington R & P club, I found myself acting as powder monkey for the duration,this vantage point gave me protection from the worst of the foul weather that lasted well into the middle of the day & allowed me to get an all round view of the full bore section, What I found most gratifying, was the determination of hundreds of members of the public, some dressed rather inadequately for the weather, to try rifle shooting, many for their very first time, lots were of the female gender, the young & old also represented in good numbers, many expressed great pleasure at receiving top coaching on a one to one basis, the standard of shooting was very high @ 300, some visitors were returning to the end of the line to go through again, got away from the ranges for six'ish, & topped off the day with a few rabbits for the dogs, a vixen to boot!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Nice to see fresh faces on the shooting scene they are the future well done.