Thread: -1 for the RSPB!

-1 for the RSPB!

I thought some may like this story....

Last Christmas my mother-in-law, bought my 7 year old daughter junior membership of the RSPB, (an organisation that I have some difficulties with!)

This year we went on our annual canoe/camping trip to Loch Shiel which she adores, the first morning I announce that I will catch her a trout for supper and skilled hunter gatherer I am I actually came up with the goods!

The trout was duly cleaned and wrapped in tin foil for her supper and that afternoon we went off for a paddle. I had noticed the hoarse "kaaark karrk" from a stand of birched earlier but had not seen the Raven he had clearly seen us.....

As we made our way back to camp the Raven was just sliding the last 1/4 of a 1.5lb brownie into his cackling maw, he could barely take off the bu&&ger!

My daughter, stands up screaming at the raven "leave my fish alone you, you, you horrible bird", and he departed very low and slow! She stamped her little foot, fists clenched and spat, "That's it, I'm cancelling my membership of the RSPB!"

Catch 'em young, lose them quick.....

Brilliant mate, did you get her another one? so when you getting her an air rifle?

Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

I hope you werent fishing off the shore
    There is a place on this planet for all of God's creatures, right next to my tatties and gravy!!!

Really got to laugh. Mind you when I was a teenager I was fishing with by younger brother in the Tamalakane (one of the outflows of the Okavango) and he was reeling in a nice fish and a fish eagle swooped down and rook it. Skinned his knuckles as the line stripped out and broke him off. He was miffed!!!

My mate caught a 12lb pike with a 2lb pike in its mouth which had a 1/2lb brown trout in its mouth, all were released ALIVE.