SIKA STAG FIGHTING ROE BUCK,,albahighlandtaxidermy.com

AlbaTaxidermy

LAST NIGHT I WITNESSED A SIKA STAG FIGHTING A ROE BUCK,THEY WERE CHASEING ONE ANOTHER THEN HEAD TO HEAD BUT DIDNT LOOK SERIOUS AS IT LOOKED MORE LIKE PLAYING WITH EACH OTHER WHICH I JUDGED IT TO BE AS THE SIKA MORE OR LESS WENT ON ITS KNEES TO ACCOMODATE THE BUCK ,BOTH WERE BOUT 3 YEAR OLDS AND HAD TURN ABOUT CHASEING ONE AN OTHER:eek:,I WAS THINKING THAT MAYBE THE SIKA CHASED OUT THE ROE FOR THE TERRITORY ? AS IM SEEING MORE SIKA AND LESS ROE ?YOU LEARN SOMETHING NEW EVERY DAY FOR SURE,IVE HEARD OF SIKA STAGS FIGHTING RED STAGS BUT NOT BUCKS AND STAGS ETC,

A wonderful sight I'm sure. If you put the time in nature does reward you with some spectacular sights.

Simon

Interesting to hear about the sika and roe. I remember stalking a plantation and a roe buck came through, closely pursued by two fallow prickets. The fallow chased the buck round and round the plantation, almost as though they were playing tag. Eventually they stopped, at which point I shot the roe buck. The antlers are on my sitting room wall now, as a reminder of a fascinating stalk.

willie_gunn

Rob, Skiamalc on this site told me about Sika driving out Roe. So not suprised that you'd see the Sika showing aggression to Roe. Sounds an interesting site though.

Hi Alis,It take many outings to get natures rewards,something is going on as there seems to be more sika now thn roe ?

Back