getting a trophy home ?

User00014

after noon all ,

very shortly ill he heading to co wicklow to stalk sika stags and ill be flying ryan air from stansted , what i would like to know is am i likely to get hastle bringing my caped trophy back in my hand luggage ?

has anyone else flown home with their trophy with no problems ?

the last thing i need after a hard weekends stalking is hastle when i arive to fly home !

any thoughts would be grand !

cheers lee

after noon all ,

very shortly ill he heading to co wicklow to stalk sika stags and ill be flying ryan air from stansted , what i would like to know is am i likely to get hastle bringing my caped trophy back in my hand luggage ?

has anyone else flown home with their trophy with no problems ?

the last thing i need after a hard weekends stalking is hastle when i arive to fly home !

any thoughts would be grand !

cheers lee[/
hi Lee How about booking and extra seat for it ?? just a thought :lol:
Paul

I have flown with Ryanair weekly for the past eight years mate..........Only because I have no other option. The only good thing I can say about them is in that time we havn't crashed. Their customer service dosn't exist, they screw every last penny out your pocket and their advertised fares are never 'what you really pay' at the end of the transaction. If they could charge you for farting during the flight they would.

I would def make them aware of your plans prior to turning up at the airport............and remember to pay the Sika Stags online - check - in as he will be charged £40.00 to do so at the airport !!!! :lol:

Ok, firstly, Ryan Air, good luck. Next, they only permit one peice of hand luggage without having to pay extra, and unless you're shooting some really small stags, I don't think you'll fit it into one of these sizers (see attached picture):lol:

I've seen live lobsters brought from boston to heathrow in hand luggage before, but never deer trophies cut for full head/neck taxidermy.

I'd say, have it done locally to where it was shot, then pay the taxidermist to have it packed in a wooded box and shipped to your home, avoids all the hassle.

Edit..ps. not to go on an anti-Ryan Air spree, but once I printed my boarding pass, and because the ink was a little bit faded from the printer cartridge running low, they refused the boarding pass and sent me to the check in counter, where they charged me £40 fine for a new boarding pass, and when I got back out to the gate, they had closed it for boarding, so I had to not only wait for the next flight, but buy a new ticket AND pay the £40 again for a new boarding pass....I refused, rented a car in London and drove to Edinburgh,,,enough is enough..good old cars, can't beat 'em.

Last edited:
I have two suggestions:

Either put a false beard and a hat on it and book a ticket for it under the name Dave Deer

OR

Get someone to ship it to you in the post. It would be a big box and cost a few quid I guess but this would seem to be the better plan if you and your mate Dave want to avoid the rubber glove treatment.

Ok, firstly, Ryan Air, good luck. Next, they only permit one peice of hand luggage without having to pay extra, and unless you're shooting some really small stags, I don't think you'll fit it into one of these sizers (see attached picture):lol:

PKL

Unless I'm mistaken that picture is of a British Airways hand baggage sizer?

BA allow the IATA standard hand baggage - 56cm x 45cm x 25cm whereas Ryan Air insist on smaller maximum dimensions of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm

So only muntjac sized I'm afraid ;)

willie_gunn

According to Ryan Air's conditions of carriage it won't even be accepted as checked luggage:

8.3 ITEMS UNACCEPTABLE AS BAGGAGE

8.3.1 You must not include in your Baggage:

8.3.1.4 fish, game or hunting trophies;

willie_gunn

you would need to arrange a courier although not many will take them. the minute antlers come up on the x ray they have got to be rejected for search if flying ryanair

cheers lads ,

ill arrange a UPS to pick it up for me (if i have the luck that is , fingers crossed !) i have a mate who has a trade account with them .

plus there my be a fallow buck in there as well , i wouldnt want to push my luck !

cheers lee

Easyjet do take them in your checked baggage though! Well they certainly didn't query mine in March.

Hi Lee,
I dont know if you intend taking your rifle with you, if so I would double check with ryanair as at one stage they were refusing to take any firearms regardless of whether or not you were willing to pay extra.
Ryanair are the VULTURES of the avaition world,
Thanks

correct, you'll need to fly a proper airline to bring the old bunny basher, or borrow one when you get there:rolleyes:

Back