Basc Arran October

Have a great time dave, who evers up there the same time as you they will be in good company. look forward to hearing all about your trip.

I'm on the October trip too. Is there a 'best' place to stay. I'll be on my own so it would be good to stay where the other stalkers are staying.

The Auchrannie Resort is where BASC recommends and a few stalkers stay there but its bloody exensive. I think you get a bit of discount booking through basc. but if I were you i would serch for a B&B or look for a cottage for rent. I have rented a cottage for £300 for the week.

The Auchrannie Resort is where BASC recommends and a few stalkers stay there but its bloody exensive. I think you get a bit of discount booking through basc. but if I were you i would serch for a B&B or look for a cottage for rent. I have rented a cottage for £300 for the week.
+1 (or two) if you include those who have made wonderful friendships at the B&B's that abound on the island, you can usually get a beat suited to your base, if you let Bob know where you are situated.

Thanks. I'll have a look for a BB. Any tips for a newbie on their first trip up there? I've seen other people talking about being too tired to eat, others taking ration packs to eat on the hill. Are midges a problem?

Midges a bit of a prob if wind is less than 5 mph but may not be to bad in oct Im up there in sept been goin for years
Good place to stay is the Armadale in Brodick good food great crack:thumb: I dont have anything to do with basc but thats another story:rolleyes: happy huntin Graham

Hi Gully I've only ever encountered the midges once and that was enough. My advice would be make sure you take enough stalking cloths as it can be wet at times I take four different stalking outfits so ive always got something dry to wear. when stalking if you don't see any thing its well worth stopping and having a call and seeing if you can get a reply and draw any thing out I have shot three like this and its a right buzz when it works. AS for food I make up a couple of big stews and a lasagna before we go so when we are there we can put it in the oven when we go stalking and its ready for when we get in there is also a good Chinese take away in Brodick. Good luck mate :thumb:

Back