Ladies Boots

Dan Newcombe

Does anyone know where I can get some decent womens boots?

What is the difference between womens and mens boots anyway?

Meindl seem to be leading the way currently

Far more than needed but thankyou very much. Lace up boots for women seem a bit thin on the ground

I was more idly thinking 'does it matter if they are mens or womens'

Cheers

best thing you can do is go for a pair of Meindl boots - they have a vast range of hiking, stalking, climbing boots, and are all considered unisex.

I will have a chat with michelle as she tried many boots before deciding on the ones she did but i| cant remember the make. Though the golden rule will of course be they must look 'girly' and of course either expensive or very expensive and woe betide the man who forgets that rule...I believe it applies to many things :D:D:D

Dan,

Ladies calf muscles generally extend further down their shin bone than mens. High legged ladies boots are cut accordingly.

I know this because I have small feet and had to wear ladies ski boots the first time I went. They fitted my feet fine but I had a bit of "loose welly top" further up. A boot fitter explained the reason.

Cheers,

Bob

Chameau Vatna's with the goretex and leather two tone - green/brown - great boots, but dear.

I was given a pair of these at Xmas last year and lasted 5 minutes on my feet. Terribly uncomfortable & the inflexible boot. Dubarry are apparantly very good but expensive.

Le Chameau Vatnas are the worst boot on the market... when wet the ankle area creases causing blisters from hell.. i complained and got a new pair of Chasseurs by return... a known problem. Buy her UGG's and she will stay at home.

keep away from vatnas.....they fell apart within 2 weeks. The mrs had to wait 3 weeks for a credit from the manufacturer, the shop could not replace until they looked at them.

Le Chameau now use a zip from China which is a poor replacement for the YKK they used for 50 years... NO, NO, NO!!

Le Chameau Vatnas are the worst boot on the market... when wet the ankle area creases causing blisters from hell.. i complained and got a new pair of Chasseurs by return... a known problem. Buy her UGG's and she will stay at home.

UGG's are called UGG's for a reason ... they are UGGLY .... no self respecting woman would let them anywhere near their feet ....

Back