Walther G22

u32dw

Hi all,

I have been looking at a number of .22LR semi's and the G22 seems to pop up alot. What do you guys think of them, are they any good or are there better semi auto's on the market?

ATB

Dave

AVOID IT LIKE THE FECKING PLAQUE, I had one and they are just a gimmic, I cannot think of one positive advantage over them. They are in now way are reliable as a 10/22 however the size makes them really nice for when lamping form a landy the only disadvantage is that the scope is high and the barrel short making shooting the wing mirror really really easy! You can always just get a fully moderated 10/22 or shorten the barrel.

I got rid of mine as I was feed up with it jamming and did not think it presented the 'right image' if you know what I mean...

My mate at the gun club had one total P.O.S. took longer for his Fac to come back from a One for one than the time he had it:lol:

It depends what you want it for i'v had cz, 10/22 & g22 and they all jam up when using subsonics the only s/a rifle i'v found that dosent is the browning buckmark as it's basically a long barrelled pistol which was designed for subsonics (sure someone will correct me) i'v had mine cut down to a 12 inch barrel and a comprebile diamiter mod fitted so it's the dogs ******** from a vehicle and for bunny bashing but it depends what you want it for.
Just my two pennith worth.

It depends what you want it for i'v had cz, 10/22 & g22 and they all jam up when using subsonics the only s/a rifle i'v found that dosent is the browning buckmark as it's basically a long barrelled pistol which was designed for subsonics (sure someone will correct me) i'v had mine cut down to a 12 inch barrel and a comprebile diamiter mod fitted so it's the dogs ******** from a vehicle and for bunny bashing but it depends what you want it for.
Just my two pennith worth.

It's really just for bunny bashing. Do you think using supersonics would solve the jamming? Just curious. It looks like a nice piece of kit for bunnys out the landy window, but if it constantly jams or is really inaccurate then i might need to reconsider.

ATB

Dave

Cwm I will correct you the lb pistol is a cut down rifle they do make a buck mark pistol but not for sale in the uk. I stand to be corrected.;)

It's really just for bunny bashing. Do you think using supersonics would solve the jamming? Just curious. It looks like a nice piece of kit for bunnys out the landy window, but if it constantly jams or is really inaccurate then i might need to reconsider.

ATB

then for bunny bashing and out of vehicle the best i'v had is the Buckmark i can put a few hundread rounds without cleaning or a single jam and accuracy is still consistent up to the last, mod needs more cleaning than the rifle where as with the 10/22 i was lucky to get 50rds without a jam and the g22 wasn't that much better.
i can only speak from my experience but wouldn't go back to any of the others now i have a buckmark and a lot of my friends are getting them or have ordered them having seen mine in action in fact my brother offered me his G22 in part ex for it, but like with all guns it's purley personal choice.

Back