Thread: Camcorders

I am looking to buy a camcorder to video deer and also take stills with. I am told that a zoom of 60-80 would be useful ,as well as low light /night filming mode and HDD. Does anyone have any recommendations of what would be a good one to buy

go on hunting footage web site. lots of equipment threads and you can see what the gear can do as most of the vids say what was used to film

hows you?
    im no expert but i was advised that no matter what you choose not be lured by claims of mega thousand or hundreds x magnification or "digital zoom" its crap and never too clear or focused

go for something with as much "optical zoom" as you can get

i have a sony hd camcorder and its only i think 20 x but is can get cheaper sonys with 50 or 60 x optical zoom

next thing is what format....most folks nowadays go for built in hard drive models....i went with mini dv so even after i download and edit it then i still have a "hardcopy" if irs summit ive filmed i want to keep its still a tape but is HD and really happy with it

all the best

Hi Sauer

Thanks for that, I shall keep what you say in mind.

Cheeers Bud

I just got a new one.
    Very pleased.
    sony cx130e
    Its HD takes stills has a x35 zoom films great in low light it basically ticks all the boxes.
    Reserve online and pick up in store saves 40 from currys then there is a 50 cash back from sony (download form from sony web site)(got my cheque back in 10 days)
    Total paid (259) should be nearly 500 before offers/sale.