At last we getting at the fox's

Cyres

At long last some of our wheat came of on Thurs and Friday. We were out early on Thurs eve and not much about and then at 9pm ish it went mad. Unfortunately not all the swath was baled so made things difficult. We saw 10+ on 3 fields and shot 7x7, 5 being adults.

Smattering of roe does about with twins. Weekend was curtailed due to kids so went out lat night, bucketed with rain from 8pm then cleared and on que everything came out. We got anther 3x3 on the same fields and another one on another farm, so total is now is 17x17 so quite happy.

The local shoot should now be a lot happier, 10+ foxes on the fields adjacent to their release pens was just too many and there were poults everywhere. So we may have saved a few.

Looks like no chance of the harvest resuming this week, we have still got acres of wheat to come off before we can get on top of things.

D

First night it was .223 and .17, second night was 6mm BR as a bit to windy.

.17 is a hell of a bit of kit and so quiet.

ATB

D

First night it was .223 and .17, second night was 6mm BR as a bit to windy.

.17 is a hell of a bit of kit and so quiet.

ATB

D

your right there I haven't had a miss with the new 17 just yet. so easy to shoot. lazer flat. no recoil. whats not to like ;)

Well thats tempted fate!!!

In my case its often the easiest that get missed for a varriety of reasons!

D

It would be ok if I saw one to miss, I haven't seen one the past couple of times I have been out. Must be doing too good of a job.:)

Back