Deer Hunter Ram Trousers

Gurube62

After a very wet week in the Highlands I am reviewing some of my kit. A key area where I had performance issues with my existing gear was trousers. I am somewhat old fashioned and have used Tweed breeks and waterproof over trousers, however I think the time has come to embrace technology.
I am thinking of purchasing a pair of Deer Hunter Ram Trousers as on paper they seem to have the right balance between performance and cost . Has anyone any experience of them? If so I would very much appreciate your comments.

great things I wear mine two or three times a week shooting/stalking and four weeks a year in scotland stalking and would never buy any thing else.
I have had mine four or five years now and the camo ones are on their way out but the green/brown ones still going strong and never leek :D

Hi Gurube62
I have had a pair of ram trousers for a few years now and they have never let water in and they have had some stick.
They are starting to get a bit worn on the knees but they have never let me down.
Just got back myself from a week in the highlands had a great time and they kept me dry.

Smithy

I have a pair of deerhunter Hurricane ( i think) olive/brown and has nubuck leather down the front. Very comfortable, warm and dry.
Got them from a guy up the road from me who is friends with Stone.
PM me if you need a contact number and say you were recomened by this site.
Jonathon

Hi Andy,
I think Festers problem would be unique and could have to opposite effect wearing trousers out from the inside out.

:lol: :lol:
smithy

Gurube62,

I think you will find the RAM trousers come in two types. I use a pair with the 'Hitena' reinforcement on the legs and they are great. They look a bit shiny in some lights, but the deer don't seem to notice. Good on a long crawl as well.

i hav been using ram trouser for about 5 years now, just on my 2nd pair, this time i went for the set with the hitena, lot more hard wearing and a little more expensive but worth it
gurube62
why wait for the january sales :confused:
all it takes is a phonecall ;) you will be hard pressed to get a better deal

Cheers all for your input.....I have now received and used the trousers and am very impressed so far.
Stone cheers for the reccomendation on supplier...very good service at excellent prices....

Gurube62 said:
Cheers all for your input.....I have now received and used the trousers and am very impressed so far.
Stone cheers for the reccomendation on supplier...very good service at excellent prices....

hi Gurube
glad everthing went well and the trousers are upto your expectations
the gentleman i i deal with will be advertising on the site shortly

so every one should be be able to deal with him direct shortly
many thanks
stone

Stones' contact is excellent.
He sourced a pair of trousers for me that he did not have in stock at the time and I got them at a very favourable price too.
It is a shame really, because they are such good value, I won't need to use Stones' contact for a very long time.

Back