how often do you get out

webby954

was wondering how often you lot get out stalking i can get out once a week most of time possibly twice once a month

If I'm lucky, once a week/8days (4 day shift cycle), but even then things do get in the way. I try to make it a minimum of 2 stalking sessions a month though, otherwise I start to get twitchy.
I recently had an enforced 9 week absesnce from shooting apart from 1 day I managed to get to Bisley and shoot in a comp, and I was climbing the walls by the end of it.

Once a week normally, usually Sunday although occasionally I get an evening during the week too.

Oops, I just read the first post again.... I was including other shooting too.

Stalking I try to get out once a month, various other once maybe twice a week between stalks.

various other being Fox, rabbits, pigeon and geese, + mixed bag rough shoot once or twice a year.

Not often enough,well at the moment anyway due to having to work,been 2 weeks now,usually 3-4 times a week if i can sometimes more,just work has a habit of getting in the way now and again,going this evening though,hooray!:D

I stalk at least once a week at the moment after the does/hinds have been in a month or so l step it up to twice a week if poss, foxing not so much these days, get the odd evening on the bunny's mostly given up with the shotty but have joined a wildfowling club so should be back doing a bit fowling this season:).

Not as often as I would like! I have some stalking land rather conveniently at the other end of the country. Apart from that it is pay-as-you-go, so I would be lucky to get out more than 6 times a year. I do hope to increase that in the next few months and years but time will tell...

I try 2 to 3 times a week, but every time I get home Im happy for an hour and then i want to get back out. Its a bloody addiction.

I try 2 to 3 times a week, but every time I get home Im happy for an hour and then i want to get back out. Its a bloody addiction.
That's so true... I was out at 5am Sunday morning, stalking until 11 then off to the range for a couple of hours. On the way back called it at one of my mates farms to check out a flock of canadas but we couldn't shoot because there was someone fishing. Then I drove home, dropped off the quad and then my mate rang to see if I wanted to go foxing later.
When I first started, I barely had any shooting opportunities but now (at 42) I can't keep on top of it all :rolleyes:

Back